Peter King: You Hypocrite

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
King said in his latest drivel"

"Just because Jones looks like he's not playing on all cylinders is no reason to think Ware's numbers should be tarnished; no one in Seattle can remember the last time, if ever, Jones allowed two sacks in a half."

OK Petey boy. Just because the Dallas Cowboys were next year's champs in the 60's and couldn't get over the hump, that shouldn't be held against Bob Hayes who caused defensive coordinators to come up with the zone scheme to defend him.

Maybe you should put down that drumstick and read what you say and apply it evenly to everything you screw up.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why people expect sports "writers" to be objective, their view of things is fundamentally skewed. It's not their job to be fair. They are no different from most people on this forum, they just happen to get paid to write their opinions.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2455206 said:

"Just because Jones looks like he's not playing on all cylinders is no reason to think Ware's numbers should be tarnished; no one in Seattle can remember the last time, if ever, Jones allowed two sacks in a half."

OK Petey boy. Just because the Dallas Cowboys were next year's champs in the 60's and couldn't get over the hump, that shouldn't be held against Bob Hayes who caused defensive coordinators to come up with the zone scheme to defend him.

Maybe you should put down that drumstick and read what you say and apply it evenly to everything you screw up.

So Walter Jones is keeping Bob Hayes out of the Hall?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2455281 said:

No, but if King is giving Ware a pass because Jones hasn't been playing his usual game, then how is he holding Hayes' feet to the fire in the Hall voting because the team around him didn't achieve greatness.

It's a convenient double standard.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm always surprised when anyone is still really upset over what Peter King or Skip Bayless says. They're always going to say things that are stupid. I like to mock them but I never get angry, offended, or feel like I can't believe they say something that they say.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
TheCount;2455270 said:
I'm still trying to figure out why people expect sports "writers" to be objective, their view of things is fundamentally skewed. It's not their job to be fair. They are no different from most people on this forum, they just happen to get paid to write their opinions.

Because King is one of the proponents to keep Hayes out of the Hall-of-Fame.

I don't care if he likes Coke over Pepsi, or dresses to the right or left. That's his choice.

But he is an influential presser who votes on the Hall, and he has consistently voted against Hayes because of his post-season accomplishments. Or lack thereof.

He ignores the fact that teams created the zone defense to stop Hayes. Which supercedes most WR's who have made it into the Hall.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheCount;2455270 said:

Whats funny is College football actually picks a Champion this way.

Now thats a bogus sport right there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TwoDeep3;2455206 said:

Maybe he should beat himself on the head with that drumstick....I would like that much better....:lmao:

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2455281 said:
i'm with this guy.. i'm really having hard time connecting this small little sentence about Demarcue Ware and Walter Jones to Bob Hayes and the Hall of Fame.. i think that's a serious reach..

don't get me wrong, i think King is a buffoon for not thinking Hayes should be in the Hall, but i don't see the connection here at all..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy;2455548 said:
I'm confused... if you read the full article that WG posted King is putting Ware at the top of his DPOY list...

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138148

People here have a victim mentality. You combine that with poor reading comprehension/borderline illiteracy and you get complaints like this.

King is pimping Ware and he's saying that any excuses for not doing so are BS.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2455568 said:
People here have a victim mentality. You combine that with poor reading comprehension/borderline illiteracy and you get complaints like this.

It really gets annoying to see the multiple threads from all the whiners complaining about what so and so wrote or said, and how if this player was a cowboy the media would be all over him...

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy;2455617 said:
It really gets annoying to see the multiple threads from all the whiners complaining about what so and so wrote or said, and how if this player was a cowboy the media would be all over him...

Hypocritical posts that complain about the fact that other people are complaining are what is really annoying, as is the tendency for some to rush to dogpile someone unnecessarily for voicing a passionate opinion concerning the team.

Basically, he is complaining about an injustice to one of our players while you, and the guy above you are just looking to insult fellow Cowboys fans.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Just because Jones looks like he's not playing on all cylinders is no reason to think Ware's numbers should be tarnished

Ok...somehow I'm not seeing this as an insult.

Please enlighten me.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2455568 said:

I assure you I am not borderline illiterate, nor do I have reading comprehension issues.

This is simple.

King promotes a player - Ware - and knocks any criticism of his proffer of same by deflecting the fact that Jones may not be the same player he was, but uses Jones' past pro bowl acclaim to promote Ware.

Yet King totally ignores the team surrounding Hayes as he votes against a guy who caused the zone scheme to be created.

This isn't a whine, but merely pointing out King's hypocracy and double standard.

But allow me to say that I do agree Ware should be DPOY.