Peter Kings MMQB on ROMO

demirji22

Reaction score
This is from his article on CNNSI

4. I think this is Romo's health status as of this morning: Talked to Romo on Saturday, while he was on his final two days off of a bye week, and he told me, naturally, that he would definitely play against Washington on Sunday night at FedEx Field. But it sounded like he'd be affected by his partially healed broken right pinky finger. The break is just below the top knuckle on his right little finger, and he'll play with a splint on it.
"It won't be all the way healed,'' he said. "It's still probably a good two or three weeks away from that. I don't know where it's exactly going to be, healing-wise, in Washington, but my timing will be fine.''
The key is whether Romo will be able to throw a hard 15-yard out. Any quarterback who can't throw a liner to the sidelines is going to be a detriment. "I had to throw one of those this week,'' he said. "I'm not going to lie to you. There was pain when I threw it. But I can take the pain. If I've done it once, I can do it again.'' Romo also told me the finger "has gotten healthy enough so I could take a hit on it.'' We'll see.
Dallas-Washington, with huge playoff implications, is a pretty big game. Dallas-Washington, with a marquee quarterback an injury risk, with the eyes of the nation on him, makes it a compelling watch.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
demirji22;2410592 said:
Dallas-Washington, with a marquee quarterback an injury risk, with the eyes of the nation on him, makes it a compelling watch.
It's a compelling watch regardless of the situation.

NBC gets a ratings bonanza next Sunday evening.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;2410594 said:
And the plot thickens.

...and a pot with chicken.

Indiana%20Modern%20Pot-Roasted%20Chicken_1.jpg

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
man, if something happens to ROMO........

I want my Detriot pick back.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well romo would have all this week, monday through saturday, for more time to heal the pinkie,

jdnelson103

Reaction score
So do you think he's telling the truth, or just toying with the Commanders? If it is true, I don't think it should be something made public.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I don't really give a **** about his pinkie....there are guys all over the NFL playing with WORSE....either the 2008 Cowboys want to ball...or they need to send all of them home and we can watch the rest of the NFL play...I am sick and tired of all the non-football related BS that comes with Dallas...and when Jerry wakes and realizes that winning is the best way to "sell"...and not HBO cameras, and dolling out millions in signing bonuses, and re-signing everyone we "just could not live without". They have ALL underachieved....all this stupid celebrating down when down by 3 TDs...all of the whiffs by the OL....TO's inablity to escape the jam at the LOS....Brad Johnsons inability to pass the ball 15 yards pass the LOS...Marion Barber tipping....cowboy defenders trying to sack the QB like he is a greased pig...sick of all the BS! Ball or shut the **** up and let the rest of us move on to the rest of the NFL season!!!!!!!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well it's below the top knuckle. SO IT'S NOT HIS PINKIE. It's his hand.

And if he says it hurts some it does. I seriously doubt it hurts enough to bother his throwing motion. And it has healed enough to not worry about reinjury.

randy932

Reaction score
TO breaks a freakin' leg and comes back to play OUTSTANDING three games later.

Romo thinks it will take 6 weeks for his widdle finger to be okay. :puke::mad:

:loser: :crawl: :loser: :hammock:

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
Romo sounds pretty wishy-washy to me. I hope he is just trying to fool everyone on the Commanders in thinking that he isn't all the way healed up.

juck

Reaction score
Would u tell the biggest blabber mouth about ur health status?i wouldnt.