Peter Kings MMQB on ROMO

cowboyed

Reaction score
demirji22;2410592 said:
This is from his article on CNNSI

4. I think this is Romo's health status as of this morning: Talked to Romo on Saturday, while he was on his final two days off of a bye week, and he told me, naturally, that he would definitely play against Washington on Sunday night at FedEx Field. But it sounded like he'd be affected by his partially healed broken right pinky finger. The break is just below the top knuckle on his right little finger, and he'll play with a splint on it.
"It won't be all the way healed,'' he said. "It's still probably a good two or three weeks away from that. I don't know where it's exactly going to be, healing-wise, in Washington, but my timing will be fine.''
The key is whether Romo will be able to throw a hard 15-yard out. Any quarterback who can't throw a liner to the sidelines is going to be a detriment. "I had to throw one of those this week,'' he said. "I'm not going to lie to you. There was pain when I threw it. But I can take the pain. If I've done it once, I can do it again.'' Romo also told me the finger "has gotten healthy enough so I could take a hit on it.'' We'll see.
Dallas-Washington, with huge playoff implications, is a pretty big game. Dallas-Washington, with a marquee quarterback an injury risk, with the eyes of the nation on him, makes it a compelling watch.

I believe that written commentary is from early to mid last week.

Nav22

Reaction score
As long as he is physically able to make all the throws, it's a non-issue. He says he can deal with the pain.

And the news about him being able to take a hit on it is great... it means it won't become displaced (which would end his season) if he takes a shot.

Seriously, I'm not sure why some are considering this blurb bad news. If you thought the break would be 100% healed you were kidding yourself. The doctors told him it would take 6-8 weeks to completely heal.