Peter King's MVP Watch: No Romo ???!

irvin88

Reaction score
MVP Watch
We're starting early this year, people. MVP Watch debuted in December last year, but I figured, hey, why not September? Why not get the angry e-mails earlier this year?

1. Tom Brady, QB, New England. Six incompletions in each of his first three games. Playing almost perfect football on the best team of them all. His three-game rating is 141.8, just 12 points shy of perfection ... not that I buy into QB ratings.

2. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis. Wind him up, and he keeps on dominating and winning.

3. Brett Favre, QB, Green Bay. Reincarnated at 37. Only three times in his career has he had a better quarterback rating and a better completion percentage for a season.

4. Randy Moss, WR, New England. I mean, have you been watching the games?

5. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh. He wanted the pressure on his shoulders. It was put there, and he's directed the 3-0 Steelers to 32 points per game.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Shot stat wise Romo is playing better then Manning and Big Ben. Now take in account how Romo is completing passes, dodging defenders then finding the open man.... Week 6 Brady vs Romo......... T.O. vs Moss.................

COWBOYS and PATRIOTS....................

Nav22

Reaction score
Brady is the ONLY QB who has played at a higher level than Romo has this year.

King's an idiot. Same guy who ranked Romo as the 18TH best QB in the NFL prior to the season. Guess he's not totally ready to eat his crow.

Undisputed

Reaction score
I don't want to glorify individual stats over team wins, but Romo could do a lot for his MVP campaign by taking down New England in Big D. Not to mention he'll have a big fat highlight reel of him juking defenders by the end of the season.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Undisputed;1668447 said:
Not to mention he'll have a big fat highlight reel of him juking defenders by the end of the season.

No kidding. I was starting to feel sorry for the bears defensive lineman last night. I can't imagine the frustration they must have endured. Bledsoe would've gone down 15+ times.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
irvin88;1668368 said:
MVP Watch
We're starting early this year, people. MVP Watch debuted in December last year, but I figured, hey, why not September? Why not get the angry e-mails earlier this year?

1. Tom Brady, QB, New England. Six incompletions in each of his first three games. Playing almost perfect football on the best team of them all. His three-game rating is 141.8, just 12 points shy of perfection ... not that I buy into QB ratings.

2. Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis. Wind him up, and he keeps on dominating and winning.

3. Brett Favre, QB, Green Bay. Reincarnated at 37. Only three times in his career has he had a better quarterback rating and a better completion percentage for a season.

4. Randy Moss, WR, New England. I mean, have you been watching the games?

5. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh. He wanted the pressure on his shoulders. It was put there, and he's directed the 3-0 Steelers to 32 points per game.

Don't complain. With Tony not being a candidate, Jerry will get to offer a lessor amount in his contract, and Tony will have nothing to argue with. This will make it easier to sign him to a cap friendly amount.
:laugh2:

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Q_the_man;1668400 said:
Shot stat wise Romo is playing better then Manning and Big Ben. Now take in account how Romo is completing passes, dodging defenders then finding the open man.... Week 6 Brady vs Romo......... T.O. vs Moss.................

COWBOYS and PATRIOTS....................

And can you believe that game isnt on national tv? giants and falcons on monday night and seahawks and saints on sunday night...:rolleyes:

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Peter king is a hack. He sucks. he is entertaining to read just for his stupidity and nothing else