Carter

Reaction score
hell no.

1.) Not in a WR heavy draft
2.) Not when u have to replace two starters on the O-Line
3.) Not when u still have big holes at D-Line and LB

morasp

Reaction score
He has Worthy ranked 50. The earliest I could see him going is 32 to the Chiefs.
Lance has him at 53. Schrager is a guy that doesn't watch college players but talks to a lot of guys and sometimes gets some picks right. He usually isn't to dialed in on the Cowboys. I think Dane predicted LVE and Tyler Smith.

Sydla

Reaction score
24 Dallas Cowboys Xavier Worthy Texas WR

Officially the fastest man in combine history, Worthy would be a wonderful addition as a deep threat for Dak Prescott. With contract issues looming over Prescott and CeeDee Lamb, the selection of Worthy would show both a commitment to adding pieces on offense without sacrificing major cap space in free agency.

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schr...for-j-j-mccarthy-vikings-stick-and-pick-cb-qb

Overview​

Worthy’s draft slotting could come down to draft-room debates weighing his elite speed versus his thin frame. Worthy will find separation if allowed to explore vertically or across the hashes against man coverage, but he lacks play strength and release quickness to defeat a quality NFL press. His quick-strike potential adds an element of danger over the top and should open wider windows for teammates to work into. He lacks the physical tools to catch when contested and needs to prove he can hold up to a more physical brand of football. Worthy is a niche prospect for teams looking to add a legit field-stretcher, but areas of concern could create a wider gap between ceiling and floor.

Strengths​

• Deep speed requires additional defensive attention.
  • Creates space and loosens coverage for teammates.
  • Separation is inevitable when routes ask less of him.
  • Displayed ball-tracking improvements against Alabama and Houston.
  • Has bend and agility to run post-corner and whip routes effectively.
  • There will be problems for the defense if he breaks a tackle after the catch.

Hardline will swoon.

But I have a hard time drafting a 165lb WR given our needs and the other names on the board like Barton.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He doesn't.

I wouldn’t say he has Tyreek potential.

I do think he is an underrated prospect, however. Guys that have his speed are few and far in between, plus he’s a decent route runner - compare that to busts like John Ross, who was all speed but nothing else. Worthy is more well-rounded.