PFF All-Rookie Team

DFWJC

Reaction score
Talk about early dividends on your draft picks. Houston may of accelerated their (successful)rebuild by years.
It helped to have 2 of the top 3 picks, but they nailed those picks and also got Dell later

Lions did well too
Rams did well too given they didn't have a first-rounder. I think I heard they are starting 5-6 rookies.

But the Texans got three stars

DFWJC

Reaction score
They also had plenty of open starting spots.

Their receivers are still Noah Brown, Dalton Schultz, and a bunch of guys named Broderick.

Stroud was amazing given that motley crew.
Nico Collins is excellent and Tank Dell was too until he went down late in the season.

That's a great young tandem

Robert Woods is over the hill--which is why Brown got in the mix, I assume

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dang, Rams ended up having a great draft too. Maybe that should be our strategy. Trade so many draft picks away for All Pros that we have no choice but to have a perfect draft.

Houston is so on its way to creating a dynasty. If they don't blow their next moves, they could really build a great team. Have HC and the QB set.
When the real rookie team comes out, I suspect the Rams will have more than Nakua and Turner. But then again, I think the AP All Rookie might have 1st and 2nd teams.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I’m not on board with giving anyone a pass but you are correct in that a draft class for an already talented team with few open starting spots has very little opportunity to shine as rookies. The key for this draft class will be can 3-5 of them fill in over the next few years as players are lost to free agency. If Fehoko can replace Armstrong then it was a good pick. If Richards solidifies the swing tackle spot and develops into a starting RT, then it’s a great pick.
No draft class can be assessed after 1 season. It takes 2/3 years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This was a solid class for WRs.

Just noticed that none of Jordan Addison, Zay Flowers, Jayden Reed, and Jaxon Smith-Nijigba made it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not saying these players are not good I'm just saying take this list with some salt....its a list of what rookies played the most because they had to...I do think most of this list looks really good but again there will be rooks from last years draft that pop up when they actually get playing time also...CJ probably the biggest suprise, looked really good this year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No draft class can be assessed after 1 season. It takes 2/3 years.
That’s what everyone says but who doesn’t love to see their draft picks contributing as rookies and showing great promise that they will be good players. I would have liked to see more of the draft picks push their way into some playing time but there weren’t many spots for it to happen. LBer was the best chance and he got hurt. The TE saw decent field time and by all accounts blocked very well and made a few catches. He looks like a player who’s role will increase over the years. Mazi is a huge ? and that’s the major disappointment that seems to be tainting the entire class for some people.