PFF Breaks Down their QB Grading Method

condoin125

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-pff-qb-grading-most-effective-tool-there-is

Very interesting read here and they provide a lot of information about the different metrics they use. No grading system will be perfect but it's clear to me theirs is the most advanced system out there. I realize a lot of people automatically hate on PFF with little reason but read this article and at the very least you can understand why their QB grades can differ so greatly from what other media outlets say about the rankings of QBs.

Sydla

Reaction score
You do have to chuckle that PFF runs a story calling their own grading method the best out there.

condoin125

Reaction score
You do have to chuckle that PFF runs a story calling their own grading method the best out there.
Haha, I like PFF and even that made me pause. Still, I do agree with them having read the article. Every other tool our there is lazy and broad.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Kudos for PFF for starting to provide details on how they come up with their ranking/scoring/evaluation methods.

diefree666

Reaction score
Some years ago after we beat the Giants and Tony had a great game PFF claimed that Eli rated higher despite throwing a pick and not beating tony in any stat.
From that point on I have treated PFF ratings as a heaping pile of horse dung

jay94

Reaction score
You can blame Patrick Crayton on that game, at least Eli has had a career with playing with better receivers than Romo (not talking one or two, but the entirety.