News: PFF: Cowboys have 3rd Best OL in NFL

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Behind only Denver and Cincy

PFF said:
3. Dallas Cowboys: +23.9

Stud: To the surprise of everyone, Doug Free (+15.7) has used the offseason uncertainty to motivate himself into a frankly fantastic start to the year. Our top ranked right tackle.

Dud: The play of Mackenzy Bernadeau (-3.2) was always going to be something to watch, and the team looks better with him out of the lineup.

Summary: They made a bold move in bringing in Brian Waters and it appears to be paying off. Of course that wasn’t the only bold move they made, with first-round pick Travis Frederick justifying the faith in him.
LINK

Prossman

Reaction score
Gotta love it. Tony had so much time on plays in the bronco game, I got nervous. Bustardo is where he should be, on the bench

Fredd

Reaction score
Free is the one guy that has really impressed me...I felt after pre-season ended that Fred was going to be good, and once Waters brought his pedigree that he would solidify that position...but Free had a lot going on (signing for half of the money, in a platoon last year, etc.)...the guy has just come out and played...if this unit stays healthy, they have potential to remain one of the better units in the league this season

Jerryrage

Reaction score
Travis Fredrick is looks so good, I love his quick release to Romo in shotgun.

Venger

Reaction score
Methinks that is a little high. It does underscore the notable improvement we've made though...

Venger

Reaction score
I am hesitant to make such a leap, and we've had too many problems running for me to call top 5. Let's just say that they are giving Romo much more time, and Romo is a guy who feasts on more time.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I am hesitant to make such a leap, and we've had too many problems running for me to call top 5. Let's just say that they are giving Romo much more time, and Romo is a guy who feasts on more time.

Eh, we're averaging 4.5 yards a rush. That's pretty darn solid.

Venger

Reaction score
Can't play the Rams every week. Man that Kansas City game is a loss I will directly put on not being able to move on the ground.

And I don't want to underestimate how much better they are - but I think we had the bar set so low that there is a little overestimation going on. And Romo is still getting sacked more than I like.

Titleist

Reaction score
Normally I'd don't play around with "what if?" scenarios, but come on...if we had taken Warford (+8 on PFF) with our 2nd round pick, we would have an amazing line this year with the potential to be even better by taking another G/OT in next years draft.

That said, I really can't complain with how Leary/Waters are playing at G. I think ideally we should address G in next years draft in the 2nd round (with 1st round being DL, of course).

Eddie

Reaction score
So far so good.

Brian Waters is a stop gap. Will not be here next year.

OG is still an issue next year.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Normally I'd don't play around with "what if?" scenarios, but come on...if we had taken Warford (+8 on PFF) with our 2nd round pick, we would have an amazing line this year with the potential to be even better by taking another G/OT in next years draft.

That said, I really can't complain with how Leary/Waters are playing at G. I think ideally we should address G in next years draft in the 2nd round (with 1st round being DL, of course).

Warford would not have excelled in a ZBS.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So far so good.

Brian Waters is a stop gap. Will not be here next year.

OG is still an issue next year.
I would absolutely love to draft a guard in the first round next year. Having a great Oline is a game changer and this good play is making me greedy.