News: PFF: Cowboys have 3rd Best OL in NFL

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
And still losing because the DL and LB's aren't stepping up. Man it's hard to win in this league.

I haven't felt this good about our OL in forever though.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I would absolutely love to draft a guard in the first round next year. Having a great Oline is a game changer and this good play is making me greedy.

I love the 2014 guard crop. Filo, Jackson, Richardson.

FiveTime

Reaction score
I compare Free's play last year to my golf game...too much going on in the head. You play much better when comfortable and just reacting instead of trying to analyze every little detail.

blackbull

Reaction score
But people want to excuse Romo. Lol handle you business scrub. You have an oline and receivers, my goodness.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Tends to happen when your defense lets up 500 yards a game.

Certainly isn't because of our offense, averaging 30 points a game, second only to the elite Broncos.

Yeah, it's just depressing lol. I sincerely hope that this defense can get it together because this is probably the best offense we've had since 2007.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Normally I'd don't play around with "what if?" scenarios, but come on...if we had taken Warford (+8 on PFF) with our 2nd round pick, we would have an amazing line this year with the potential to be even better by taking another G/OT in next years draft.

That said, I really can't complain with how Leary/Waters are playing at G. I think ideally we should address G in next years draft in the 2nd round (with 1st round being DL, of course).

I don't think the way you did it is a problem at all. And you may be right. We'll have to see how Escobar does over the next three years to see how that plays out. I'm ok with the money they gave Waters and I'm pleased with his play so far. If he can give us a few years then we're ahead of the game and can use a future pick elsewhere.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Tends to happen when your defense lets up 500 yards a game.

Certainly isn't because of our offense, averaging 30 points a game, second only to the elite Broncos.

In general I agree although I'm convinced that Callahan and Romo lost the Chiefs game with the way they responded to the blitz and threat of it. That game may come back and haunt us. I'm not big on dwelling on lost opportunities but I haven't gotten over that one yet.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warford would not have excelled in a ZBS.

I see a lot of people lamenting about Warford, but the player that puzzles me the most from that draft is Alvin Bailey. Most of the draft analysts had him as about a 3rd round pick but he ended up as a UDFA. He has not started a game but has been active for the past 3 Seahawks games. He was a big, athletic Guard in college but their roster shows him as the backup LT in Seattle.

I think Bailey could have beat out Bernadeau for a starting job with the Cowboys and wouldn't have required a draft pick. I'm sure they could have signed him with a deal like they gave to Leary as a UDFA in 2012.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
But people want to excuse Romo. Lol handle you business scrub. You have an oline and receivers, my goodness.

One of reasons OL is so good is because of Romo. If you don't realize that then I feel bad for you.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
One of reasons OL is so good is because of Romo. If you don't realize that then I feel bad for you.

He does have one of the quickest releases I've ever seen, does a good job at reading the D pre snap, and does reasonably well with his hot reads. I do think his elusiveness makes the OL look better, too.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
In general I agree although I'm convinced that Callahan and Romo lost the Chiefs game with the way they responded to the blitz and threat of it. That game may come back and haunt us. I'm not big on dwelling on lost opportunities but I haven't gotten over that one yet.

Agreed. I haven't gotten over the Chargers game yet either. In my mind, I feel like if our defense played a little better, we're 5-0.