Twitter: PFF: Dallas OLine ranked 1st

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
For context.....Tyron AND Zack have the highest grades among all OLinemen only behind Trent Williams. To be honest, the ranking is interesting considering after 5 games
  • many fans wanna replace Connor Williams
  • Bidazz is a developing young player with a bit of inconsistency
  • Starting RT ( suspended) replacement is a free agent pickup

Scotman

Reaction score
For context.....Tyron AND Zack have the highest grades among all OLinemen only behind Trent Williams. To be honest, the ranking is interesting considering after 5 games

Where was New England on that list?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I don't know....first some dump crap on PFF, and now we say all good when in Dallas favor. Can't say for sure if they're top o line. But eye test tells me they are playing very good as a unit right now and beginning to complement each other. Sometimes Biadasz or CWilliams get overpowered and wind up in Dak's lap but other than that, looking good.

quickccc

Reaction score

Broaddus should speak for himself, we " ALL " did Not want Martin moved outside to RT.

- Believe it or not, I contributed his season-ending calf strain injury to excessive
physical strain on being on island.
Very luckily he did not blow out his achilles tendon.

I for one thought it'd be better to switch Conner Williams (terrific ex-college OT) ,to RT , and insert McGovern at LG.
Luckily Steele himself surprisingly improved, and we also well-schemed to make his task more operational.

blueblood70

Reaction score

my eye test says TB OL is the best..TB can bake back there hes got so much time LOL ours looks like maybe top 5 yes but TB12 the oldest qb to ever play is throwing so much his arm might fall off and at 350ypg which is most in the first five games of season..

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't know....first some dump crap on PFF, and now we say all good when in Dallas favor. Can't say for sure if they're top o line. But eye test tells me they are playing very good as a unit right now and beginning to complement each other. Sometimes Biadasz or CWilliams get overpowered and wind up in Dak's lap but other than that, looking good.

And that's what i trust to go by ... the eye ball test. My own eye ball test.
it's been too many variables into PFF stats, that doesn't tell the tale.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The run block win rate has been phenomenal. But their pass block win rate is average right now.
So that’s what I was gonna come in and say….the pass blocking seems to be reaping the benefits of Dak getting the ball out quick because it doesn’t seem to be nearly as good as the run blocking. But credit to the coaches for understanding their weaknesses and strengths.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
my eye test says TB OL is the best..TB can bake back there hes got so much time LOL ours looks like maybe top 5 yes but TB12 the oldest qb to ever play is throwing so much his arm might fall off and at 350ypg which is most in the first five games of season..
It’s so weird seeing these offensive line rankings every year because I honestly never see them as the best offensive line. They are phenomenal in the run game. I just watch other teams play and at times I see quarterbacks just have all day to pass. Not all game of course but just spurts. Brady is a prime example but I guess their rankings take a hit because their running game isn’t nearly as good?

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s so weird seeing these offensive line rankings every year because I honestly never see them as the best offensive line. They are phenomenal in the run game. I just watch other teams play and at times I see quarterbacks just have all day to pass. Not all game of course but just spurts. Brady is a prime example but I guess their rankings take a hit because their running game isn’t nearly as good?
maybe but when they do try and run forunettes running well..living up to his draft expectations finally..his post season and the start to this year says of needed they can run, arians seems allergic to the run like Moore used to..just going to make TB12 a noodle arm bye the playoffs..not sure thats smart..might be a reason their defense is suspect , its happened here..smarter teams run to extend drives , win TOP, help the defense..

i dont get hung up on rankings anyway , doesn't matter

W-Ls

but yes our Pass protection needs some tightening up..especially in the middle..

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

I think TB is a little better in Pass Pro. I think Dallas is light years better in run blocking.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Steele.

So much improved.

His hard work and dedication during the offseason is paying dividends.

Madtowner

Reaction score

Dallas OLine also ranked number 1 on Football Outsiders: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/basic-offensive-line