News: PFF Draft Grades for all 32 teams

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I think the draft board set up for taking the best rbs and te prospects this year but ol and wr was pretty slim except for Center.

I did like the tolbert pick in the 3rd round and several later round picks.

I have way more faith in Quinn than Moore

Moore had moore problems with more firepower at offense last year. But our defense was pretty good if we coulda stopped the run

Nakobe dean was the steal of the draft imo

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
the RB core is avg, wr core is avg, and the te core is avg we have bigger problems than just our Left guard. I don't care if he's the best LG ever it's not gonna make our old claiming horse w a bad knee win the Derby. We haven't drafted a contender in 26 years. Lol. This draft was a reach for players that weren't a huge upgrade this year. We don't even have as good a team as we did last year. Too many self inflicted wounds that we OVERCOMPENSATE for in the draft
When you have a top 10 wr your core is not average.

Anyway that aside... How is taking your 16th ranked player at 24 "reaching for players?"

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Anyway that aside... How is taking your 16th ranked player at 24 "reaching for players?"
this offense wasn't potent enough to beat a playoff contender last year. It folded like a cheap suit lol

The defense played pretty good esp at keeping the score low though

But the wr core, te core, and rb core all dropped even further out of contention this year imo

It has nothing to do with Tyler Smith. He's prolly gonna be a good player at some point.

But we lost more talent in the skilled positions then what we brought in imo

The wr core and te core took the biggest hit and our RB core wasn't playoff worthy either

We needed some playmaking skilled players. Imo

That one rookie guard isn't gonna make that much of an impact in the W/L column this year even if he's the next Tyron Smith

Not without some more potency in the skilled positions which should have been a bigger focus imo

We'll see what else we do fa to help the RB Te and Wr core but so far I haven't seen any improvement in the skilled positions. I just see a dropoffs across the board

Did the team get better at the right positions is my question??? We have a 26 year plan I guess

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Shouts out to Steven Cheah & Thor Nystrom. I have no idea if they're any good at their job or not, but at least they are willing to tell a team their draft sucked.

On a related note, Mel Kiper's grading scale is worthless. 2 A's, 2 C's, no D's or F's, and 28 B's. Also awful is Chad Reuter; dude gave out 19 A's. THEY'RE ALL GOOD DRAFTS, BRENT!.
Melk has learned that panning drafts is a recipe recipe for being made fun in 6 months.

Thor is a fantasy sports guy that was a college football writer. My guess is he'll learn panning draft can lead to embarrassing results.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
this offense wasn't potent enough to beat a playoff contender last year. It folded like a cheap suit lol

The defense played pretty good esp at keeping the score low though

But the wr core, te core, and rb core all dropped even further out of contention this year imo

It has nothing to do with Tyler Smith. He's prolly gonna be a good player at some point.

But we lost more talent in the skilled positions then what we brought in imo

The wr core and te core took the biggest hit and our RB core wasn't playoff worthy either

We needed some playmaking skilled players. Imo

That one rookie guard isn't gonna make that much of an impact in the W/L column this year even if he's the next Tyron Smith

Not without some more potency in the skilled positions which should have been a bigger focus imo

We'll see what else we do fa to help the RB Te and Wr core but so far I haven't seen any improvement in the skilled positions. I just see a dropoffs across the board

Did the team get better at the right positions is my question??? We have a 26 year plan I guess
My dude, please write in paragraphs or some such we can actually follow.
Various notes across your sentence farm:

Dallas was dominated in the trenches versus San Fran. They spent that first pick to get the strongest guy still on the board.
The 2nd pick went to the other trench with an edge rusher.
The 3rd to the most explosive WR left on the board.

Going by your own criterion this was an A+ draft.

As it was, they seem to have fallen 1 pick short at TE. That would be the obvious critique here. You may disagree with the team on players but you had the same concepts and targeted positions.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Dallas was dominated in the trenches versus San Fran. They spent that first pick to get the strongest guy still on the board.

As it was, they seem to have fallen 1 pick short at TE. That would be the obvious critique here. You may disagree with the team on players but you had the same concepts and targeted positions.
I think Tyler Smith could possibly make a big impact but is a little raw at pass blocking for a day 1 starter. I hope he's a fast learner.

I think Sam Williams will be more impactful in 2023. I think Armstrong and Fowler will be the guys this year

That knocked our skilled player improvement down to the 3rd round and I like Tolbert

But the fourth round te is a 2023 player behind mckeon imo

And we didnt improve our RB core that hit a brick wall

I'm all about building up the trenches and esp oline. I just don't think we have the talent around the oline in the Skilled Positions for it to be impactful this year

I think we'll see more improvements in 2023 with our picks. But we'll lose 2-3 more skilled players

We let skilled players get away before we got their replacements. Imo.

It's hard to draft 1st year starters once you get past the first round. Esp if they are raw players who aren't refined

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

I thought we were short at RB, Te, and Wr going into the draft
I don't even think we're at a break even point at wr much less te

And Zeke still has the same bad knee. Which will get worse by the end of the season. Who knows how good gallop will be or whether Lamb can ascend or whether Dak can find chemistry w 2 new receivers.

The last time we made moves like this we had to give up a #1 pick for Cooper and things didn't go as planned.

Don't forget those seasons with those mediocre rbs too. Lmao. If you get a chance to get a filet mignon in a skilled position ya take it or you'll be playing with hamburger when ya go into the draft w 5-6 glaring holes on the roster.

We gotta draft way before the curve not after we've crashed our car.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

the post draft power rankings have us coming in at 13th and 16th in another.
That doesn't sound like a playoff contender. Js.

It's time to work some trades in Fa. I feel pretty good about our defense. We just need some good skilled player depth if we want to compete. Imo

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I thought we were short at RB, Te, and Wr going into the draft
I don't even think we're at a break even point at wr much less te

And Zeke still has the same bad knee. Which will get worse by the end of the season. Who knows how good gallop will be or whether Lamb can ascend or whether Dak can find chemistry w 2 new receivers.

The last time we made moves like this we had to give up a #1 pick for Cooper and things didn't go as planned.

Don't forget those seasons with those mediocre rbs too. Lmao. If you get a chance to get a filet mignon in a skilled position ya take it or you'll be playing with hamburger when ya go into the draft w 5-6 glaring holes on the roster.

We gotta draft way before the curve not after we've crashed our car.
You're talking to the wrong person if you think I care about the quality of our RBs vs the quality of our offensive line. I'd never draft a RB high nor give a 2nd contract. And if I had a strong line i'd be confident in our rush attack.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
You're talking to the wrong person if you think I care about the quality of our RBs vs the quality of our offensive line. I'd never draft a RB high nor give a 2nd contract. And if I had a strong line i'd be confident in our rush attack.
I guess youd rather have Murray than Emmitt or Zeke

CWR

Reaction score
Here's a pretty interesting Tweet from someone that compiled a bunch of the different draft agencies.

Dang the Jets got all A's. They are the new gold standard lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why haven't we signed any of our picks yet? Are we looking at a bunch of holdouts?