PFF Grades - Cowboys' Top 10 vs Rams

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Josh Ball is one to keep an eye on. He had a nice preseason last year too when they let him play G. I think he has an uphill battle to make the team due to his contract situation, but he could be in the mix after pretty much being written off by the fans.

Carson

Reaction score
Josh Ball is one to keep an eye on. He had a nice preseason last year too when they let him play G. I think he has an uphill battle to make the team due to his contract situation, but he could be in the mix after pretty much being written off by the fans.
He could make it. They could go Guyton, Steele, Richards at tackle and release Chuma. Ball would take the extra spot

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Ball might have something to be backup guard, but it’s numbers game , we can’t have more than 4 backup OL. (5 is a stretch), since Mac likes veteran OL , Edoga might survive and that means we have one OT and 2 guard positions up for backup grabs. If Hoffman is starting Beebe will be backup OC/ G and Bass will be the other. Asim Richard’s should be OT/ OG backup. That leaves only one position

Carson

Reaction score
Ball might have something to be backup guard, but it’s numbers game , we can’t have more than 4 backup OL. (5 is a stretch), since Mac likes veteran OL , Edoga might survive and that means we have one OT and 2 guard positions up for backup grabs. If Hoffman is starting Beebe will be backup OC/ G and Bass will be the other. Asim Richard’s should be OT/ OG backup. That leaves only one position
Don’t really want to lose younger talent for a guy like Chuma who is never healthy

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think lack of position flex hurts him. The only position he has done well at is right guard.

The fact that Bass played right guard with the "starters" yesterday would seem to be a good indication of what they think of Ball. Maybe he'll play well enough, though, that we can flip him for a late-rounder or player some other team is going to cut.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
is blocking not one of the factors they consider for the OL? How can we have that many OL in the top 10 and a QB running for his life for what seemed the last 3 Q of play?

_sturt_

Reaction score
lack of position flex
Well, actually... when he got hurt vs. the Raiders in the 1Q of preseason game 3 last year, they were trying him at RT. So we don't know what we don't know... that could still be seen as an option if he can stay healthy.

If.

My guess is that they want to give Waletzko every chance to make an impression before they start experimenting with Ball again. But it's a short preseason, of course, so this next game's significance for O-linemen hopeful to make the 53-man can't be overestimated.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Nick Harris over at Cowboys.com graded Beebe an A for his play at center . “ no pressure from Rams tackles while Beebe was at center “ …..

I had heard snaps were an issue at camp , yesterday noticed not one bad exchange.
Also Thomas the seventh round tackle did he not play at all ? Another option that could cost Edoga a spot .