PFF Grades & Rankings After Week 4

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Grades and rankings are updated after week 4. These are total grades and rankings for the year.

Center: Looney- 64.0 (23rd)
Biadasz- 56.8 (30th)
Martin- 84.8 (4th)
Williams- 61.2 (37th)
Tackle: Tyron Smith- 67.8 (38th)
Steele- 47.8 (73rd out of 74)
B. Knight- 65.4 (44th)

Looney really hasn't been bad, but with Biadasz getting play time and starter snaps, I expect his score to climb. I'd just go with him from here on out.

Good to see Williams climbing up. And Martin getting back to being Martin.

One thing to cut them some slack for - although Moore remained, they did get a new oline coach. We should have expected a slow start.

Tyron maybe being out for the season. Ugh.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Grades look about right to me except Woods. I expect him to move way down as the season continues.

Lamb and Gallup might look a little low but not much. Ceedee has some good numbers but I've honestly been really disappointed in his yards after the catch ability. Dont think he's broken a single tackle all season. That was supposed to be a huge strength of his.

PFF discussing lamb:

Lamb has been as advertised for the Cowboys. His 309 receiving yards are the 12th most of any receiver in the NFL, and he’s hauled in 21 catches without a single drop. While he hasn’t quite been as dynamic after the catch — averaging 4.7 yards after per reception with no broken tackles — I’m sure Cowboys fans aren’t complaining.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Lamb has been as advertised for the Cowboys. His 309 receiving yards are the 12th most of any receiver in the NFL, and he’s hauled in 21 catches without a single drop. While he hasn’t quite been as dynamic after the catch — averaging 4.7 yards after per reception with no broken tackles — I’m sure Cowboys fans aren’t complaining.
Have we broken his stats down my garbage time vs non-garbage time? :laugh:

kumizi

Reaction score
How do they grade WRs?

Do they know the correct route or hot route? Are they punished for % of passes thrown their way?

For example, CDL is 12th in the league for Wide receivers in yardage, 16th in targets, and has a 72.4% catch rate.

But for PFF, he's the 77th rated receiver.

Not saying he should be top 10, 20 etc, but what is the criteria for grading? He has no fumbles, 2 TDs and 14 of his catches have gone for 1st downs. Is it his run blocking grading?

Is he negatively graded cause he has less targets?
They try to grade for what the player is responsible for.

Meaning if Lamb runs a deep in against a prevent defense and gets a 25 yard completion because no one is around him and then gets tackled by the first defender, he doesnt get a ton of credit. If he jukes his defender or does a double move to beat his defender, he gets more credit. If he breaks tackles and gets yards after catch, he gets credit. That's why I do like PFF a little bit. It's not just oh look this guy has good stats, he must be amazing. Zeke is the #1 example of this. He hasn't been a great RB since his first two years in the league but Cowboys fans think he is great because he racks up stats.

edit: forgot to mention Lamb has also had 2 penalties blocking IIRC

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
They try to grade for what the player is responsible for.

Meaning if Lamb runs a deep in against a prevent defense and gets a 25 yard completion because no one is around him and then gets tackled by the first defender, he doesnt get a ton of credit. If he jukes his defender or does a double move to beat his defender, he gets more credit. If he breaks tackles and gets yards after catch, he gets credit. That's why I do like PFF a little bit. It's not just oh look this guy has good stats, he must be amazing. Zeke is the #1 example of this. He hasn't been a great RB since his first two years in the league but Cowboys fans think he is great because he racks up stats.

edit: forgot to mention Lamb has also had 2 penalties blocking IIRC
This exactly.