2. Zeke 78.0. - good score for zeke
3. Pollard 76.9
4. CD Lamb 71.2
5. Tyler Smith 69.6
17. Cooper Rush 42.0 - Worst game by a country mile

Defense

1 Micah 74.2
2. Hooker 73.4
3. Anthony Brown 67.8. - This grade makes little sense considering they gave him a 29.0 tackling grade
4. DLAW 64.5
5. LVE 63.8

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Its that time of week again to post the PFF grades. Top 5 Offense and Defense

Offense

1. Jake Ferguson 85.3. - best game of his career so far
3. Pollard 76.9
4. CD Lamb 71.2
5. Tyler Smith 69.6

Defense

1 Micah 74.2
2. Hooker 73.4
3. Anthony Brown 67.8. - This grade makes little sense considering they gave him a 29.0 tackling grade
4. DLAW 64.5
5. LVE 63.8

His tackling grade doesnt effect it much because he only had 3 snaps out of 71 where that impacted anything. He had 2 tackles and 1 missed tackle.

terra

Reaction score
piss on PFF.

I laugh at the losers that actually pay money for that garbage.

Creeper

Reaction score
Interesting grades. I thought Tyler Smith had one of his worst games yet, especially late in the game.

LVE was a mixed bag. At times he was really good. Other times he was really bad. I suppose that is the player he is now.

Hooker continues to play consistent football. He is in the mid-70s every week.

I am not surprised by Brown's overall score. The Cowboys held the Eagles to only 132 yards passing and 268 overall. That is a really good defensive effort. The Cowboys defense allows those short passes and it is maddening but it is more scheme than the failure of the players.

Who got the low scores? I am going to guess Anthony Barr, on defense. Maybe Lewis too. On offense Biadasz and McGovern did not have their best outings.

I am surprised Steele and Martin aren't in the top on offense. Steele was blowing out Fletcher Cox every time he line up on the left side of the defense.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Tyler was fine. The one mistake he made led to an interception. The offensive line overall played well together since Tampa. I think the players that disappointed that know one is talking about is Kearse and Wilson. They made few plays this game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting grades. I thought Tyler Smith had one of his worst games yet, especially late in the game.

LVE was a mixed bag. At times he was really good. Other times he was really bad. I suppose that is the player he is now.

Hooker continues to play consistent football. He is in the mid-70s every week.

I am not surprised by Brown's overall score. The Cowboys held the Eagles to only 132 yards passing and 268 overall. That is a really good defensive effort. The Cowboys defense allows those short passes and it is maddening but it is more scheme than the failure of the players.

Who got the low scores? I am going to guess Anthony Barr, on defense. Maybe Lewis too. On offense Biadasz and McGovern did not have their best outings.

I am surprised Steele and Martin aren't in the top on offense. Steele was blowing out Fletcher Cox every time he line up on the left side of the defense.

On defense the worst performer among guys who played at least a third of the snaps was Osa with a grade of 38.7. The Eagles ran the ball 39 times. we cannot stop anyone in short yardage situations. Any run up the middle is an automatic 4-5 yards.

On offense , Cooper was the worst. Mcgovern had a 49.7 and Biadez had a 61.0. Steele was great in run blocking with a grade of 82.0 but poor in pass blocking with a grade of 43.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Offense

3. Pollard 76.9
4. CD Lamb 71.2
5. Tyler Smith 69.6

Defense

1 Micah 74.2
2. Hooker 73.4
4. DLAW 64.5
5. LVE 63.8
Thanks for posting this....always interesting

Creeper

Reaction score
On defense the worst performer among guys who played at least a third of the snaps was Osa with a grade of 38.7. The Eagles ran the ball 39 times. we cannot stop anyone in short yardage situations. Any run up the middle is an automatic 4-5 yards.

On offense , Cooper was the worst. Mcgovern had a 49.7 and Biadez had a 61.0. Steele was great in run blocking with a grade of 82.0 but poor in pass blocking with a grade of 43.

Thanks. I didn't think Steele was that bad pass blocking but I think the entire offensive line run blocks better than pass blocks.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. I didn't think Steele was that bad pass blocking but I think the entire offensive line run blocks better than pass blocks.

I agree. Its usually the opposite. Steele normally scores better in pass blocking than run blocking. The only concerning thing is Zach Martin is having the worst start of his career. ..... just when we thought we had the right side of the OL figured out. I wonder if he's nursing an injury.....

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I would think Diggs' score would have been higher than Brown in this one since they rarely challenged him. Of course, maybe it isn't because they rarely challenged him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
One thing I really dont like about PFF grades are the grades on corners. Most positions they seem to do really well on, DBs are very hit and miss.

Can be a tough position to grade because every time the ball isn't thrown their direction is a win for them, but at the same time, it might not be because the receiver they were covering wasn't open, it might be because of the read progression or because another receiver was more open. Still, if the offense is basically refusing to throw your direction, that's fairly telling.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
And we care why? If you can't refute or say something that indicates a football intelligence, you are free to skip or just keep being a pest.....which seems to be your main role on the board.

I look forward to you posting these scores every week! Thank you! Ignore the trolls.

While I don't think PFF is perfect, it gives you a much better picture than the analyst that covers all 32 teams and gives the Cowboys about an hour or two per week, and is certainly better than Joe fan that played middle school football, who bases his opinions on watching the game once in an emotional, drunken state, but still thinks he is an expert.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I really dont like about PFF grades are the grades on corners. Most positions they seem to do really well on, DBs are very hit and miss.

I get into this discussion once a month. PFF does not have a mechanism for weighting game changing plays or certain plays enough. An INT might get a score of +2, but over the course of game after 70 snaps, that +2 is overly watered down. But what if the INT was in the end zone late in the 4th quarter ? Should the grade on that play have the same ceiling as an INT made midway through the first quarter?

CB is one of the positions where the grades don't always line up with AP all-pro teams or pro bowls.

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Offense

3. Pollard 76.9
4. CD Lamb 71.2
5. Tyler Smith 69.6

Defense

1 Micah 74.2
2. Hooker 73.4
4. DLAW 64.5
5. LVE 63.8

Hooker has been consistently good and LVE looks like he did his rookie year. I’m excited to see what Clark and Cox can do moving forward.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Can be a tough position to grade because every time the ball isn't thrown their direction is a win for them, but at the same time, it might not be because the receiver they were covering wasn't open, it might be because of the read progression or because another receiver was more open. Still, if the offense is basically refusing to throw your direction, that's fairly telling.
Agreed. with PFF their system grades all things equal as well. Diggs is known for his grade getting destroyed for his tackling. Some may disagree, but Ill take a poor tackling corner who is making plays constantly. I'm sure Deion Sanders would have been a mediocre player in the eyes of PFF.