PFF Grades vs Philly

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. with PFF their system grades all things equal as well. Diggs is known for his grade getting destroyed for his tackling. Some may disagree, but Ill take a poor tackling corner who is making plays constantly. I'm sure Deion Sanders would have been a mediocre player in the eyes of PFF.

I got into a back and forth email exchange about Diggs with them last year and it resulted in this article.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-nfc-ea...trevon-diggs-interception-record-week-17-2021

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. Its usually the opposite. Steele normally scores better in pass blocking than run blocking. The only concerning thing is Zach Martin is having the worst start of his career. ..... just when we thought we had the right side of the OL figured out. I wonder if he's nursing an injury.....
Didn't look like it, the way he pulled to the left side for that nice gain.

Tussinman

Reaction score
The only concerning thing is Zach Martin is having the worst start of his career. ..... just when we thought we had the right side of the OL figured out. I wonder if he's nursing an injury.....
Yeah guards have struggled this year. Martin has zero penalities and zero sacks allowed but his overall grade is terrible (65)

Nelson whose considered the best guard opposite of Martin has the same overall 65 grade but has 2 penalties and 1 sack allowed

Wyatt Teller whose gotten runner up to Martin the last 2 years for all pro team has a high overall score (thanks to the browns currently leading the entire NFL in rushing yards) but has 4 penalties and 1 sack given up so he's been shaky as well

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't look like it, the way he pulled to the left side for that nice gain.

Well, a bad overall grade doesn't mean they were bad on all plays. Thats the caveat with PFF grades. He might open up a huge whole that leads to a 30 yard TD run on one play, but fight to a draw on the next 10 snaps. That score given for the game changing block gets watered to the point it barely effects his overall grade.

What PFF is really grading is consistency. They have no way of weighting explosive , impactful plays.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, a bad overall grade doesn't mean they were bad on all plays. Thats the caveat with PFF grades. He might open up a huge whole that leads to a 30 yard TD run on one play, but fight to a draw on the next 10 snaps. That score given for the game changing block gets watered to the point it barely effects his overall grade.

What PFF is really grading is consistency.
I meant he didn't look like he was nursing an injury.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Tyler was fine. The one mistake he made led to an interception. The offensive line overall played well together since Tampa. I think the players that disappointed that know one is talking about is Kearse and Wilson. They made few plays this game.
Wilson was terrible this game. Missed a ton of tackles.

Kearse shut down Goedert, he doesn't get enough credit for that.

Ken

Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't think Steele was that bad pass blocking but I think the entire offensive line run blocks better than pass blocks.
Steele was excellent the entire game, the fact he wasn't on this list is laughable.

Smith was excellent in the run game but did give up a few pressure/qb hits.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Wilson was terrible this game. Missed a ton of tackles.

Kearse shut down Goedert, he doesn't get enough credit for that.
Ok with Kearse. I didn’t hear his name but covering Goedert make since. This game was tailored made for the safeties.