Twitter: PFF Ranking for Former Cowboy Byron Jones

Praxit

Reaction score
...still feel it was right move. B. Jones was no ball hawk. In fact, it felt he was still out there Vs LAR.

aria

Reaction score
...still feel it was right move. B. Jones was no ball hawk. In fact, it felt he was still out there Vs LAR.
So you would rather have a guy that gets a 3-4 picks a year but gives up the big play and points on a somewhat regular basis then a guy who takes out the other teams #1 WR and gives up a lot less big plays but gets no INT’s?

I’ll take the latter all day every day.

kumizi

Reaction score
They screwed up paying Jaylon Smith instead. I think every single person that follows football including the Cowboys front office can admit that now.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So you would rather have a guy that gets a 3-4 picks a year but gives up the big play and points on a somewhat regular basis then a guy who takes out the other teams #1 WR and gives up a lot less big plays but gets no INT’s?

Byron isn't that good. PFF has his grade at 36th overall. He was never good just everyone else in our secondary was worse. No instincts, and no ball skills. When he can't run a 4.4 anymore or jump over a train. He's gonna be burnt toast.

Loso86

Reaction score

Who's the guy we have that gets 3 to 4 picks a year

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lol he had a 63 grade that ranked him 36th. Chido ranks 12th with a 73.9 grade and trevon is 50th with a 58.9 grade. Talk about overpaid lol. We already have overpaid ty craw and d law.

And this was against the pats who have a college wr core lol
And a college quarterback. ;)

bandfan

Reaction score

I agree... I feel like a much larger percent of interceptions come from luck than creation....some of these folks seem to think CB'S should have 12 a year no matter who they are....

817Gill

Reaction score
Lol he had a 63 grade that ranked him 36th. Chido ranks 12th with a 73.9 grade and trevon is 50th with a 58.9 grade. Talk about overpaid lol. We already have overpaid ty craw and d law.

And this was against the pats who have a college wr core lol
When @Hennessy_King is mentioning Chido in a good way then you know something up lol

817Gill

Reaction score
Hey I give credit where credit is due. Chido wasn't bad sunday night. He just needs to keep building on that game. I really hope JLew can play sunday and get AB outta there.
Feel that, I think Chido can be a solid to above average starter if he’s consistent and playing with his head around. He doesn’t have the butters like 31 did.

aria

Reaction score
Byron isn't that good. PFF has his grade at 36th overall. He was never good just everyone else in our secondary was worse. No instincts, and no ball skills. When he can't run a 4.4 anymore or jump over a train. He's gonna be burnt toast.
They have him much higher than that before this season and had him mid teens after last season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankings-the-top-25-cornerbacks-ahead-of-the-2020-nfl-season

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rankings-top-25-cornerbacks-through-week-17