1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

News: PFF ranks Moore as second best play caller in football

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by starfan1, Jun 17, 2022.

1. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

49,668 Messages
    33,475 Likes Received
    Again, another boneheaded comment.

People clearly are laughing in this thread at Moore being #2. As they laughed equally at the Cowboys Oline being #6. As they would if they had Zeke anywhere near the top 5. ect.....ect......

The only thing that was pretty much consensus other then a few sad Dak trolls, was Dak being a top 10 QB. Thats the obvious one that most agree on.

RonWashington and baltcowboy like this.
  2. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

49,668 Messages
    33,475 Likes Received
    People blame Moore for it all because they dont understand football.

But most of those same people would tell you that the Oline went in the toilet, Dak was hurt and Zeke and Pollard were hurt and Cooper and Lamb both missed two games in the 2nd half of the season.

BAT, MichaelWinicki and baltcowboy like this.
  3. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

24,868 Messages
    13,332 Likes Received
    I think that's the key to Dallas offensive success. Ability to.run. when that threat is not there and teams are able to neutralize Dak and passing game and Dak is not Brady, Rodgers to disect 6, 7 8 man drops into zone coverage and Moore gets frustrated and the offense struggles.

I think when we hit a lull, struggle they need to go no huddle fast pace offense as they seem to respond to that. Although the key is to fix the running game and be more creative.

BAT and 75boyz like this.
  4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    38,713 Messages
    69,789 Likes Received
    I wonder what we did before all of these rankings?

Team bows out of the playoffs in the first round, again, but we can take solace that the OC is #2, the OL is #6 (and #1 in penalties) and the QB is top 10.

I can remember when the only thing that mattered was your team's accomplishments on the field and their record was all that mattered.

Sarge likes this.
  5. CowboysFaninHouston

24,868 Messages
    13,332 Likes Received
    All ratings are to be taken with a grain of salt. They are not perfect but better than some subjective methods. And in reality it just provides another reference point.

6. CowboysFaninHouston

24,868 Messages
    13,332 Likes Received
    He is an investor. Not full on owner

7. CowboysFaninHouston

24,868 Messages
    13,332 Likes Received
    Tale of two season. Great, consistent in first half of season. Inconsistent in second half of season.

8. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

11,786 Messages
    13,182 Likes Received
    I don't think other coaches in the league agree with this after the last half of the season where basic defense shut down the Cowboys offense. But hey it's the drought period in sports, so a lot of interesting list to spark conversations.

9. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

4,711 Messages
    6,272 Likes Received
    From what I saw, it seems the Moore blame game really picked up because people were deflecting Kurt Warner's criticism of Dak. During his breakdowns, he pointed to a couple plays that he thought could be designed better. But he spent the majority of those breakdowns showing the bad reads, the late throws, and the missed windows.

I remember being surprised at all the criticism Moore was getting on those threads and even had to point out that every play he criticized for design issues resulted in a completed pass, some even for first down yardage. Nevermind his statements like, "I see Dak [throw into zone coverage] all the time," and literally stating multiple times that Dak is holding and patting the ball when he should have released it already.

But you can't criticize Dak without being called a hater or having one of his fanboys strawman what you said. Pointing to any failures on his part means you're, "blaming him for the loss," or some other type of deflection.

10. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

19,340 Messages
    28,302 Likes Received
    I really only trust pff when they support my agenda.

Techsass, BAT and MichaelWinicki like this.
  11. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

5,175 Messages
    3,986 Likes Received

Agree . After calf issue he looked like a different QB .

BAT and CowboysFaninHouston like this.
  12. dcstar

dcstar Well-Known Member

1,059 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Kool

Go Cowboys!

13. EGTuna

EGTuna Well-Known Member

1,115 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    From September through most of October and vs the NFCE, sure. But uh, against good teams in November, December and January, not so much.

14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

53,483 Messages
    59,125 Likes Received
    Kellen Moore was interviewed by 4 teams for their Head Coach position...

Techsass and BAT like this.
  15. xwalker

53,483 Messages
    59,125 Likes Received
    Bias against CW...doubtful.

Bias against the Cowboys...?

The Cowboys were the most penalized team on both offense and defense.

That was not a problem for McCarthy in Green Bay or Quinn in Atlanta.

Other than the Raiders with Al Davis, it is rare for a team to be the most penalized on both offense and defense.

BAT and MichaelWinicki like this.
  16. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

11,615 Messages
    14,302 Likes Received
    They are the worst thing going. PFF preys on people who know nothing about watching the game and judging with their eyes so they rely on their rankings to lean on for their arguments.

Any rating system that has Moore as a top playcaller and our OL as the 6th best in the league should immediately be discarded as having any credibility.

PFF is a huge joke.

17. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

11,615 Messages
    14,302 Likes Received
    And not one team wanted him after those interviews. Going 0 for 4 in a league that makes terrible head coach hires and loves hiring the young and up and comers says much more than getting those interviews.

18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

45,341 Messages
    23,934 Likes Received
    PFF continues to lose credibility. They had our OL ranked number one last season. Unfortunately I can’t post the link here.

“The Dallas Cowboys head into the 2021 NFL playoffs with the single best offensive line in the game this season, according to PFF’s data. In fact, the top five offensive lines in the NFL will all be playing in the postseason, with the first team to miss out being the Washington football team.”

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  19. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

5,175 Messages
    3,986 Likes Received

Chicago’s choice a bit of a head scratcher. Minnesota Miami Jax all went in on offensive coaches to HC. I thought Moore would fit well in Chicago given the fact the Bears invested heavily in the draft with trades to get a good QB in Fields but they hire a DC as HC.

20. xwalker

53,483 Messages
    59,125 Likes Received
    Teams don't interview candidates for HC that had poor performances as assistant coaches...

Very few Head Coaches are hired at his age (33).

Sean McVay was the youngest at 30, but he had 9 years coaching experience vs 4 for Moore.

They were not interviewing him to fulfill the Rooney rule requirements...

Fans claim Moore, Dak, Zeke and the OL all sucked.

The offense led the league in points scored and yards.

If Moore sucked then the players must have been great...

BAT, Sarge, Brax and 1 other person like this.