3. Colts
  4. Cards
  5. Seahawks
  6. Giants
  7. Bengals
  8. Browns
  9. Rams
  10. Bills
They have detailed write-ups on each of these teams. The Eagles and Giants did well, according to this. Pretty wild that the Rams made the top 10 without a 1st rd pick.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I love what the Colts did this year. Ballard just had the Ballard-iest draft ever.... he is a guy who prioritizes measurables over all else, and he scored nothing but freak athlete after freak athlete. Other than Howie's fixation with Georgia, I don't think another team got more of "their guys" this year.

Same deal with the Lions. I hate the Gibbs pick for reasons that don't need rehashing, but they scored tough Campbell dude after tough Campbell dude.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I don't understand why people love the Steelers draft. It's got upside with Washington and Trice, but those are pretty big ifs considering their slides for medicals.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFF Top 10 Draft Class Ranks

1. Steelers
  2. Eagles
  3. Colts
  4. Cards
  5. Seahawks
  6. Giants
  7. Bengals
  8. Browns
  9. Rams
  10. Bills
They have detailed write-ups on each of these teams. The Eagles and Giants did well, according to this. Pretty wild that the Rams made the top 10 without a 1st rd pick.
I definitely agree with their first two.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't understand why people love the Steelers draft. It's got upside with Washington and Trice, but those are pretty big ifs considering their slides for medicals.
Not a fan of Broderick Jones at 14 or Joey Porter at 32?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Porter and Washington were considered high picks that the Steelers got a round later then they were drafted. Any time that happens you get a good draft score. Same with Eagles with Carter and Smith. Let’s just say the Cowboys drafted Levis at 26. The Cowboys would have received an “A” for just that pick alone.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Porter and Washington were considered high picks that the Steelers got a round later then they were drafted. Any time that happens you get a good draft score. Same with Eagles with Carter and Smith. Let’s just say the Cowboys drafted Levis at 26. The Cowboys would have received an “A” for just that pick alone.
Yea I get that, it's just PFF using their board vs actual draft slot, it's not really analysis.

But that doesn't mean they had some special draft.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Steelers absolutely killed it.

Going into the draft, they were expected to only get Jones or only get Porter. Either one would have been worth their pick, honestly. Impact players at money positions. Of course, they stole both.

Then they made a solid pick with Benton (went right in his range), and stole Washington. His medicals sound risky, but at that point in the draft, he is no risk and all reward.

They got 4 guys I love, and I'd say 3-4 of them are going to be future starters. If you look at it historically, getting 2 starters from a draft usually puts you in the upper half of draft classes for that year. Pittsburgh should get at least that.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yea I get that, it's just PFF using their board vs actual draft slot, it's not really analysis.

But that doesn't mean they had some special draft.
Last season the Eagles allegedly had an “A”draft too. Let’s put it this way Clark our 5th round neck surgery linebacker played more then Kobie Dean, who had first round grades from draft nicks. Sam Williams out played Jordan Davis. We don’t even want to bring up Bland.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Last season the Eagles allegedly had an “A”draft too. Let’s put it this way Clark our 5th round neck surgery linebacker played more then Kobie Dean, who had first round grades from draft nicks. Sam Williams out played Jordan Davis. We don’t even want to bring up Bland.
Yea I mean the only Eagles draft pick that mattered was AJ Brown. Jurgens might end up being a good player but nobody should be concerned about Davis and Dean .

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yea I mean the only Eagles draft pick that mattered was AJ Brown. Jurgens might end up being a good player but nobody should be concerned about Davis and Dean .
They all could be good players one day it just that now the media is acting like the Eagles are the 2007 Patriots. You just never know with young guys. Carter could be Suh or Malcom Brown. You never know.

RS12

Reaction score
Eagles Stealers and Seahags IMO had excellent drafts. BTW I think Broderick Jones will be a consistently very highly productive player. Somebody posted a video of him playing hoops with some of his teammates. At 6:4 and 315 dunked and moved like a guy 100 pounds lighter was one of the better players on the court. Epitome of a natural freaky athlete. Certainly has the size and feet to play LT.