Twitter: PFF: The best coaching vacancy in NFL will be?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No question, the Cowboys and it's not even close. This is where the Cowboys front office structure of Jerry as GM, Pres, and owner has a huge advantage over conventional structures.

Any coach with a nut sack wants this job. A coaches ego is his best assert and it takes someone with an ego the size of Texas to take this job.

nobody

Reaction score
If I were looking to be a HC, there are a few teams I'd laugh at if they offered the Job: Browns, Commanders, Cowboys. What do those three teams have in common?

Tussinman

Reaction score
I would take a division I college head coaches job over the cowboys .
Seriously. Any smart and self respecting coach would not deal with artificial drama/spotlight, overpaid Diva players, Jerry the GM, and basically being a coach but not having any real ultimate authority/power.

Sounds like a #$@ job to be honest. If your a mid-tier coach or lower then I guess it's a good paycheck and resume booster but that's about it

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Any coach major concern is NOT when things are going good but when his team start hitting bumps in the road. If your boss is a GM, president AND owner, guess whos' running for cover, first the GM and maybe the president. With Jerry you don't worry about that coz deal with the SAME three hats EVERY day. It's why you top level coaches have no interest in jobs where they have to report to some GM that hasn't won anything. More times than not, they wanna report directly to the owner......

plasticman

Reaction score
The worst opportunity to be a Head Coach is the Cowboys.

To any coach willing to believe Jerry will give you the necessary authority to build a winner......don't. if Jerry sounds genuine it's because he's not only lying to you. He is also lying to himself. If Jerry is still breathing, he will interfere.