PFF Top 101 Players of the 2023 season

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Unless I missed then only 1 Packer made this list Jordan Love at 89... And now I am mad all over again.....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think the cowboys should actually pay Tyron this offseason. Now maybe it’s still an incentive laden pay to play contract but yes, I don’t think it’s right that a guy takes less for about a decade and now the front office plays hardball with him. I also don’t think the team will be better without him. In your question about if Tyron did the same thing would I defend him? If your hypothetical assumes he’s playing all the time at a high level and never injured then yes.

The issues with Tyron are one thing and it’s a big thing….injuries. However if they can do a contract that alleviates some of the risk for Dallas than it should get done. There are always exceptions to everything but I’m typically pro player getting as much money as they can as long as the process is done a somewhat professional manner.
Impossible to feel much of any kind of way about Tyron until we know what the contract demands and offer are.

He was really, really good last year and th120M in his career are you really taking advantage of him? They do love the no practice plan.
But if a guy can't practice isn't that worth a discount?

If a guy has made 120M in his career, are you really taking advantage of him?
Tyron does zero media and is a private person.
All he does now is basically show up on game days and wipe out whomever they line up on that edge.
It has value but isn't there a limit?

He made 7.3M last year. Thats really low but does also allow a few mil in coverage in case he is injured.
And he has played 13, 2, 11, 4, 13 games the last 5 years.
My quick math says that's just shy of 9 games per year on average.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pappy, are you a man or a woman? If that is you in your avatar pic, that means you are a woman? Honest question.
Does it matter?
Wow, I guess you remained back in the past as one might say?
Certain of our Lady members might take insult to your post.
That avatar is from the game I attended in London in 2014.

Chasing6

Reaction score
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-101-top-players-2023-nfl-season

101. G TYLER SMITH, DALLAS COWBOYS

The Dallas guard rounds out the top 101 afterbacking up his impressive rookie campaign with an even better second year. Smith allowed only one sack and posted an 80.7 PFF run-blocking grade in 2023.

71. T TYRON SMITH, DALLAS COWBOYS

When he’s healthy, Smith is still as good as it gets at the left tackle position. His 89.3 PFF pass-blocking grade was the best mark of any tackle this season, and he allowed just 21 quarterback pressures across 14 games. Missing that much time is the only thing keeping him this far down this list.

48. EDGE DEMARCUS LAWRENCE, DALLAS COWBOYS

Lawrence is fast becoming the poster child of outstanding performance on the edge without generating sacks. This past season, he sacked the quarterback just four times but earned a 91.0 PFF overall grade with 49 total pressures and some exceptional run defense.

20. CB DARON BLAND, DALLAS COWBOYS

Bland made history this season with five pick-sixes for the Cowboys' defense. They were part of his league-leading nine interceptions to go along with six pass breakups. All in all, throwing into his coverage this season resulted in just a 52.6 passer rating for opposing quarterbacks.

14. QB DAK PRESCOTT, DALLAS COWBOYS

You could construct a very compelling MVP case for Prescott’s performance during the regular season. With a new offensive direction under Mike McCarthy after Kellen Moore’s departure as offensive coordinator, Prescott had an elite season but couldn’t find that play in another disappointing playoff collapse for the Cowboys.

9. WR CEEDEE LAMB, DALLAS COWBOYS

Lamb just continues to get better each year of his NFL career. He was one of the most dominant receivers in the game this season as Dak Prescott’s top target. He averaged 2.78 yards per route run, the top mark of his career so far, and set new highs in PFF overall grade and PFF receiving grade.

3. EDGE MICAH PARSONS, DALLAS COWBOYS

Drafted as an off-ball linebacker, Parsons has been moving ever closer to being a permanent fixture on the defensive line for Dallas. This season saw him record career lows in coverage snaps and off-ball snaps, and he responded with 103 quarterback pressures and a career-high PFF pass-rushing grade (93.7).
Wow only 2 QB's ahead of Dak. That can't be right according to our fans in a Trance.

1942willys

Reaction score
After a decade of high level performance and being an exemplary professional football player. Can you name one other time in his career he caused a headline ? No.

It wasn’t a “biggest bit of drama” it was a pop corn fart that lasted for pre- season games he shouldn’t and wouldn’t have played. If guys want to be all pros for nearly a decade, have their contract restructured by the team whenever the team wants summer after summer and always show up I have zero issues with them demanding to redo contracts.
only stupid people say things like that about Zach. Unfortunately we got some here.

1942willys

Reaction score
Since this is PFF this list if printed would not be worth using as toilet paper

Redline360

Reaction score
PFF

The best double standard site in sports. People will use it for debates to prove points and others will laugh at it then turn around and use the same site as mouth of God for their points

Kwyn

Reaction score
Does it matter?
Wow, I guess you remained back in the past as one might say?
Certain of our Lady members might take insult to your post.
That avatar is from the game I attended in London in 2014.
How was that game experience?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
No Zach Martin. Interesting…… As much as the board complains about Dak, Micah, Tyron, and CeeDee, I have heard very little about how ordinary Zach looked this season.
It’s right. Tyron had best season on OL. Tyler stronger than Zack last year.

The thing going on with Martin though was that he kept getting hurt all year, so could see some rebound if age hasn’t caught up

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How was that game experience?
Pretty fun actually with the Jag players at the Hotel with whom I came to interact daily and busting chops in good humor as they knew I was a Cowboy fan.
The Hotel is right next to the Stadium so were the pre-game events that the Cowboys held so meeting them was pretty kool and easy.
Romo looked shorter in real life LOL......Nice pre-game meal with plenty of quality drinks along with fellow Cowboy fans mostly from the States and primarily Texas.
Wembley Stadium is the Mecca of real football and it has just been recently renovated and looked pretty awesome.
The game is still a better view at home on the big screen but in the end tons of fun and another win for our Boys.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Pretty fun actually with the Jag players at the Hotel with whom I came to interact daily and busting chops in good humor as they knew I was a Cowboy fan.
The Hotel is right next to the Stadium so were the pre-game events that the Cowboys held so meeting them was pretty kool and easy.
Romo looked shorter in real life LOL......Nice pre-game meal with plenty of quality drinks along with fellow Cowboy fans mostly from the States and primarily Texas.
Wembley Stadium is the Mecca of real football and it has just been recently renovated and looked pretty awesome.
The game is still a better view at home on the big screen but in the end tons of fun and another win for our Boys.

Sounds fun. Thanks for sharing the story.