PFF Top Ten QBs going into next season

js66

Reaction score
It's hard to make a list like this. I'm going to assume this is rating the best QB's you would want on your team to win a game in week 1?

I think that's a decent list as far as the top 5, you can pick any order you want because most of those guys are all fairly young. Most people would put Mahomes number 1. Then you have to look at how good is your team and if you are in a win in the next 1-2 year window. If that is the case does that move a guy like Rogers farther up the list even though he may not be in the league 3 years from now?

How much value do you put on a guy being younger, and that will depend on your team makeup and situation they are in. How do you value the contract each QB is signed to? You could make a case Stroud is way up on this list being young and having many more cost controlled years.

This is difficult to argue as priorities per team can differ greatly.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's hard to make a list like this. I'm going to assume this is rating the best QB's you would want on your team to win a game in week 1?

I think that's a decent list as far as the top 5, you can pick any order you want because most of those guys are all fairly young. Most people would put Mahomes number 1. Then you have to look at how good is your team and if you are in a win in the next 1-2 year window. If that is the case does that move a guy like Rogers farther up the list even though he may not be in the league 3 years from now?

How much value do you put on a guy being younger, and that will depend on your team makeup and situation they are in. How do you value the contract each QB is signed to? You could make a case Stroud is way up on this list being young and having many more cost controlled years.

This is difficult to argue as priorities per team can differ greatly.
Yeah these lists are taken way too serious by fans. It's almost impossible to have any sort of consistent criteria for these, but I think that's why these sites do it....it creates tons of clicks as fans argue over why a guy like Brock Purdy should make it because of the season he had last year, while the other side argues he shouldnt make it because hes on a loaded team.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah these lists are taken way too serious by fans. It's almost impossible to have any sort of consistent criteria for these, but I think that's why these sites do it....it creates tons of clicks as fans argue over why a guy like Brock Purdy should make it because of the season he had last year, while the other side argues he shouldnt make it because hes on a loaded team.
I mean, if fans are gonna fall for it every time, why change the recipe? Dang, I sound like Jerry Jones.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And no Jordan Love.

Horrible list.
Jordan had 1 year, and even then he played much better later on than what he did starting out.
Though they have Stroud at #10after his rookie year, but he was consistent all year.

It is a horrible list as they have Jackson #2. Way too high.
The media and NFL love affair with him is over the top.
Hurts at #9, meh, maybe Goff should be there instead.

I am surprised Dak is #6. But he is top 10 as for regular season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will change next week. :laugh:

ksadler1

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me understand how Lamar Jackson ranks so high. He's another QB that just can't get his team over the hump. I've never been impressed with the guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me understand how Lamar Jackson ranks so high. He's another QB that just can't get his team over the hump. I've never been impressed with the guy.
He’s literally MVp of the league lol…I’m not his biggest fan but I mean a two time NFL MvP…..

Adreme

Reaction score
And no Jordan Love.

Horrible list.
It’s a lost that seems to reward consistent excellence instead of looking only at the numbers for 1 year.

I guess it’s a matter of preference. I would probably put a higher premium on consistency but I get going all in on the moment.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s a lost that seems to reward consistent excellence instead of looking only at the numbers for 1 year.

I guess it’s a matter of preference. I would probably put a higher premium on consistency but I get going all in on the moment.
Love was better than Stroud last year though.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
How is Burrow 2 when he didn’t play last season?
It's a projected 2024 list, not a 2023 list. Plus Burrow played 10 games last year.

If this were a situation where he missed the year with a horrific injury that we really dont know what to expect from him moving forward I would agree with you, but the guy had wrist surgery and has been throwing for a couple months now. There is always some level of unknown when a guy has an injury to his throwing arm, but the odds of him not being at least really close to 100% seems low. I'm sure he's on a very strict routine to get both strength and flexibility in that wrist back.

Adreme

Reaction score
Love was better than Stroud last year though.
Not really. Stroud had more YPG (he did miss 2 so total passing yards are about the same), and less than half the INTs. Meanwhile Love had more TD passes and I don’t think anyone would argue the Packers were not the far more talented roster.

I don’t think either one is that far from the other but considering the top 8 all have multiple years of good play, that basically leaves 3 QBs for 2 spots and I don’t object to any order people want to put them in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's a projected 2024 list, not a 2023 list. Plus Burrow played 10 games last year.

If this were a situation where he missed the year with a horrific injury that we really dont know what to expect from him moving forward I would agree with you, but the guy had wrist surgery and has been throwing for a couple months now. There is always some level of unknown when a guy has an injury to his throwing arm, but the odds of him not being at least really close to 100% seems low. I'm sure he's on a very strict routine to get both strength and flexibility in that wrist back.
Fair enough.

Burrow is an interesting case. I personally wouldn’t put him top 5 or 2 based on what I’ve seen. He has the ceiling to be that of course. He’s one of my favorite young QBs I just don’t know as a QB is he closer to Mahomes or Stroud.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Fair enough.

Burrow is an interesting case. I personally wouldn’t put him top 5 or 2 based on what I’ve seen. He has the ceiling to be that of course. He’s one of my favorite young QBs I just don’t know as a QB is he closer to Mahomes or Stroud.
Talent wise I think he's worthy, my big concern with him is simply can the guy hold up. His style of play shouldn't leave anyone surprised that half his career has been plagued by injury.

IDK exactly where I would put Burrow, but in my mind after Mahomes you can put those next few guys in about any order you want I wouldn't have too much say about it. I'm not sure the talent gap between #2 and #10 is all that great. Any one of those guys you put on the 49ers team and they are the odds on favorite to win the NFC this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Talent wise I think he's worthy, my big concern with him is simply can the guy hold up. His style of play shouldn't leave anyone surprised that half his career has been plagued by injury.

IDK exactly where I would put Burrow, but in my mind after Mahomes you can put those next few guys in about any order you want I wouldn't have too much say about it. I'm not sure the talent gap between #2 and #10 is all that great. Any one of those guys you put on the 49ers team and they are the odds on favorite to win the NFC this year.
Yeah that's a good point. Mahomes in a class of his own....2-10 are all the same caliber to me. Some better some worse....just depends.

Interesting year....Stroud group got better. Lamar got Henry now....still suspect receivers though. Hurts group is at least as good possibly better with Barkley....Josh Allen's group takes a huge hit probably more than anyone. Dak's taking a hit in talent. Burrow took a hit losing Mixon and Boyd.

Interested in seeing who takes a step back and who steps up.

shabazz

Reaction score
Because this is based solely on the regular season.....there's a few others on there who's games go south when the playoffs start.