PFF: Trade Jaylon Smith to Chargers

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let him walk. Jaylon has major issues. His breakdowns & mental lapses in coverage are easy to see & his tackles, while many, are happening after opponents are well past the line of scrimmage. His actual effectiveness on the field has dropped significantly from 2018. He's definitely one of the lower graded starting LB's in the NFL & has an attitude Dallas doesn't need.

Does he grade higher than LVE?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Because of the guaranteed money of Smith’s deal, he cannot be released. Another team could sign him for the veteran’s minimum & Dallas would have to pay the rest of his $7.6 million salary to play for someone else.

That’s cash out of pocket & not going to happen. Unless of course you're Howie Rosen releasing Wentzie & paying him $33.8 million while he's w/the Colts. o_O

garyo1954

Reaction score
If he goes to the Chargers it won't be until after we play them the second game of the season.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Every time I see this thread title, I briefly think the Cowboys pulled off the unthinkable...

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't see the point in trading him unless someone is offering something like a 2nd rounder, which they won't. We don't know how he will look under Quinn. At one point him and LVE were looking like one of the best lb duos in the league. Plus, we need depth and we need to let Micah and Jabril ease into their roles. Even if we did 'save money', what are we going to do with it? We never do anything of note in free agency. The bargain bin guys we sign are likely to be worse.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'll remember this thread in a few months when people think a new DC is just going to suddenly revitalize "clear eyes" career and the people whining about losing a couple million by trading him as if it's worth keeping bad players on the team because of cap implications.

I'll then pull up some of the old threads and show you all what I said about him when he was coming out of college. He was never a smart player, he got by on athleticism and that isn't as good as it once was. But hey, some people need to see a mistake play out a million times before they admit something is a mistake. Embarrassing.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
trade him to McDonald's or lowes hardware. They would love the swipe when he handed a burger out the drive-through or loaded a customer's truck. *swipe*

sbark

Reaction score
Why the Chargers? And would they give up a 5th and take on that contract?

However, there is the rumor that tried to move him on draft day. Maybe the Chargers showed some interest?
Trade him for their backup qb....easton stick
Use him like sean peyton ...

Mannix

Reaction score
------Trade him for their backup qb....easton stick

I'd do that

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Still not sure why mods never changed title:huh:
probably the same reason the mods don't warn blockhead Rockport to quit crying about people with different opinions than him. "hater" blah blah. I guess if he gives more money to the site he can start cussing the ones who don't agree with him too.