News: PFN: NFL QB Power Rankings Week 17: Lamar Jackson Makes a Leap

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2) Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys

Wins aren’t a QB stat. Prescott did enough to win the game against the Dolphins when he led his offense to take the lead with under four minutes left in the game.
Unfortunately, too much time was left on the clock, and the Cowboys’ defense was unable to close the door for them. But as far as QB play goes, you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone playing more consistently than Prescott is.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Wins aren’t a QB stat. Prescott did enough to win the game against the Dolphins when he led his offense to take the lead with under four minutes left in the game.
Unfortunately, too much time was left on the clock, and the Cowboys’ defense was unable to close the door for them. But as far as QB play goes, you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone playing more consistently than Prescott is.
Yeah,

you know how crazy that is how many decades have gone by with this drought that everyone keeps blaming on the quarterbacks that come through here and yet that famous line "too much time was left on the clock"

you know what that means, the defense is still letting this team down in critical times far more than any other part of the team... It is sad but it is very true,

I don't know how many times I've heard oh the offense shouldn't have scored so fast it left too much time on the clock, you know how silly that is how about the defense do their job for once every loss this year we can look back and point directly at the defense as the biggest part of the failure of that game...

I mean how many games do we have to have like the Seattle Seahawks in order to win a game you have to score that many points??? And that was at home to boot I mean this defense has been a total let down for me this year all the talk about creating an offense to protect the defense just don't screw it up like acting like the offense last year you know with the extra turnovers and whatnot somehow needed to not screw it up for the defense this year and wow look at what happened it's the defense that needs the most help they need to stop screwing games up...

So please inform Dan " marinelli Nolan" Quinn that this isn't working he needs to stop with his ego and start playing multiple defensive schemes because sticking to his playing so much nickel and dime so much it's becoming a failure around here it's got that stink of the last two defensive coordinators and for one anybody who wants this guy as your next head coach needs to rethink all that...

Gently stepping off my soapbox rant over.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Is anyone going to ask why he didn't do enough to win the game against the Dolphins the previous 56 minutes?

CCBoy

Reaction score

Wait, to quote an authoritarian source: he just isn't 'good' enough, just good.:muttley:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Is anyone going to ask why he didn't do enough to win the game against the Dolphins the previous 56 minutes?
So, unless its a blowout, the QB didn't do enough to win the game? This is a silly take considering that all QBs gets praised for 4th quarter comebacks without trying to nitpick every single play from the game, in which you have no information on what was actually Dak's fault or not. You just don't like Dak and that's cool, but be consistent with every QB, not just Dak

Adreme

Reaction score
Here is an idea. Maybe they should consider someone like CMC instead of defaulting to a QB all the time.
I mean it’s a QB power index so it is going to focus on QBs. If you are talking about MVP Monday clearly showed why he isn’t the MVP. Before you say it, I know he had a great game, but the offense of SF was still bad. You can’t be MVP when you playing well doesn’t even make the offense look good. I would argue Trent Williams is closer to the MVP than CMC.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah,

you know how crazy that is how many decades have gone by with this drought that everyone keeps blaming on the quarterbacks that come through here and yet that famous line "too much time was left on the clock"

you know what that means, the defense is still letting this team down in critical times far more than any other part of the team... It is sad but it is very true,

I don't know how many times I've heard oh the offense shouldn't have scored so fast it left too much time on the clock, you know how silly that is how about the defense do their job for once every loss this year we can look back and point directly at the defense as the biggest part of the failure of that game...

I mean how many games do we have to have like the Seattle Seahawks in order to win a game you have to score that many points??? And that was at home to boot I mean this defense has been a total let down for me this year all the talk about creating an offense to protect the defense just don't screw it up like acting like the offense last year you know with the extra turnovers and whatnot somehow needed to not screw it up for the defense this year and wow look at what happened it's the defense that needs the most help they need to stop screwing games up...

So please inform Dan " marinelli Nolan" Quinn that this isn't working he needs to stop with his ego and start playing multiple defensive schemes because sticking to his playing so much nickel and dime so much it's becoming a failure around here it's got that stink of the last two defensive coordinators and for one anybody who wants this guy as your next head coach needs to rethink all that...

Gently stepping off my soapbox rant over.
I look at the offense and 20 pts as a bigger failure than the defense and 22 to that Miami team. Everyone here would have been okay with Miami only getting 22 before the game.

Only when paired with the subpar 20 is it a problem.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
There is a new flavor of the week every week. Dak, Purdy. Lamar. If The Dolphins beat the Ravens on Sunday it will be Tua next week.
Yes, but Dak has been either 1or 2 for the past 7 weeks. Can't argue with that consistency in ranking.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
But you can't always play a perfect game especially against a really good team. But if he gets you a lead with 3 minutes left, you get the stop. Period. You do not give it up and lose the game for him. It would be different if he had it and failed but he gave us the lead. In the playoffs, it's by inches man.