News: PFT: Bosa says he’s disappointed in 40 times

NewsBot

Reaction score
Sunday’s NFL Scouting Combine workout started with really big men — defensive linemen — running really fast 40-yard dashes. Ohio State’s Joey Bosa, one of the draft’s top players and a candidate to go No. 1 overall, posted unofficial 40 times of 4.87 and 4.89. That’s pretty fast for a player who measured 6-foot-5, 269…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2381532&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Ive said this about him all along. The guy is very good against the run, but no better then what Lawrence has turned out to be. lawrence gives you the run support and the speed to get to the QB on the strong side. Bosa is slow off the snap and IMO he would be a better 5tech because he isnt going to get you sacks in a 4-3 scheme. Dallas would take a step back putting Lawrence on the right side.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Ive said this about him all along. The guy is very good against the run, but no better then what Lawrence has turned out to be. lawrence gives you the run support and the speed to get to the QB on the strong side. Bosa is slow off the snap and IMO he would be a better 5tech because he isnt going to get you sacks in a 4-3 scheme. Dallas would take a step back putting Lawrence on the right side.

That and the drug issue are enough reasons to pass to me

We already have too many LDE/3Ts

Hardline

Reaction score

Actually Bosa is very fast off the snap. There is even a thread about it in the draft zone

reddyuta

Reaction score
40's don't matter too much for DEs. His 3-cone and short-shuttle, however, are elite.

agree but i still dont see him as being a prospect worth a 4th pick.If we trade down then i will be happy with him.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
40's don't matter too much for DEs. His 3-cone and short-shuttle, however, are elite.
watch his games on draftbreakdown and them cone drills are not telling you the whole story. Sure he can get around cones that arent trying to block him. But he couldnt get around that RT and the RB/TE chip he will see on sundays at all.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
watch his games on draftbreakdown and them cone drills are not telling you the whole story. Sure he can get around cones that arent trying to block him. But he couldnt get around that RT and the RB/TE chip he will see on sundays at all.

26 sacks and 51 tackles for loss in three years... Yeah, you're right, he never got off blocks. You can not like the guy and knock his athleticism, but saying the guy doesn't get off blocks and make plays in the backfield is just wrong.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I was hoping he'd run in the 4'7s with a 10 yard split around 1.6. Neither happened but he was a top performer in other drills.

I don't know if it knocks him out of one of my guys at 4 but his times were a little disappointing to say the least. Still one of the top pass rusher performers in FBS over the past 2 seasons with some great tape.

Kaiser

Reaction score

I agree, I also want to see the comparisons of how Bosa played against top teams versus second tier teams. That was the critique of Michael Sam and it was the right predictor of his play in the NFL.