News: PFT: By taking the blame for the Cowboys' issues, Jerry Jones protects Stephen

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry & Son are playing a dangerous game in thinking they're invulnerable.

Apparently, they're in denial that the Texans are looking better all the time!

At some point they may end up wishing they had paid closer attention to it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry & Son are playing a dangerous game in thinking they're invulnerable.

Apparently, they're in denial that the Texans are looking better all the time!

At some point they may end up wishing they had paid closer attention to it.
It doesn’t matter. There’s still a couple generations of Cowboy fans which grew up in glory eras and are addicted to their team complaining all the way to the bank.

Could there be a few younger generation bolt, sure but Texans are only broadcast in greater Houston area. Limited access compared to Cowboys.

jujoboys

Reaction score
When has Jerry ever taken the blame?
Exactly. Jerry just stated that it was fair if fans blame him. No where did Jerry say that he was to blame or take any accountability for the current state of the Cowboys. He is not protecting Stephen and doesn’t have to. The Jones’ family owns the team and will still own the team when Jerry is no longer with us. The Jones’ family will decide the direction of the team and that will most likely be Stephen taking over for Jerry. Jerry and Stephen don’t need fans acceptance of Stephen taking over. This piece is all about Florio and PFT getting hits on their website. Jerry still thinks he is doing a great job.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
  • If the losing atmosphere continues to continue unfettered, it's just a matter of time when their fans will have enough and switch to other teams. I think the way the Texans are improving their game currently, that many Texans will get disgusted with them and make the switch to the Texans. Losing much of their patronage to an in-state competition would be a deadly assault to their pride. You never know when enough is enough.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jerry and Stepehn are worth BILLIONS. They need to protect nobody. They could flip the middle finger to all media, all fans, all everybody. They dont need protection. They are the closest thing you can get to Napolean. They answer to NOBODY!!!

rags747

Reaction score
Interesting article and I can relate to it, family business old man ran it into his mid 70s and the business was floundering badly and he would not change anything, 2 sons threatened to leave and he stepped aside (he still came in and was miserable but sons ran interference) with in 8 months the business was back on track. We don’t know what happens behind closed doors in Dallas but if Steve didn’t want to pay those players and Jerry did what Jerry does then he is directly responsible and no one else is to blame. We won’t know until Jerry steps aside or dies how much was Stevie’s fault. I suspect Jerry is the sole person responsible for the problems and lack of success because he still is trying to prove he was the architect of those SBs and the franchise is still paying the price
This is your father’s business? He ran it into the ground but quite fortunate that u had so,ewhere to hang your hat. Ty Pops!

If I have misunderstood than I am sorry in advance.

vlad

Reaction score
I've been saying for years Stephen is the one running the day to day show and he's way worse that Jerry.

I'm all for Charlotte or Rowdy running the show

Brax

Reaction score
This is your father’s business? He ran it into the ground but quite fortunate that u had so,ewhere to hang your hat. Ty Pops!

If I have misunderstood than I am sorry in advance.
Was not dad or my business I was an employee sorry I wasn’t clear on that.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jerry has made bad decisions. He waited too long to pay receiver CeeDee Lamb and to re-do the Dak Prescott deal. Last year, Jerry applied the franchise tag to running back Tony Pollard, paying him well over $10 million as he recovered from a broken ankle. Before that, Jerry gave receiver Michael Gallup a five-year, $57 million deal as he recovered from a torn ACL.

You didn’t mention the ridiculous contract, including a no-trade clause coming off a broken leg and 7 TOs in 4 and a half games for Dak let alone giving him this contract with a year left and not even getting part a divisional round….

shabazz

Reaction score
Not sure why Stephen needs to be protected....he's a billionaire that will never have to go any further than where he is right now.

He's not a real GM that can be fired
He will be left controlling interest of the team after Jerry's demise
He will never apply for any position for the rest of his life

He's already protected

Blitzen

Reaction score

He takes the “blame,” and since he will not fire himself-he fires the next guy down the line when the team fails. The head coach firing protects the guys on the roster that can still walk and talk and make a handful of plays. The better players can basically count on successive contracts that will far outlive their actual playing career. Unless they show disloyalty.