PFT: Chiefs want a 3rd

Eskimo

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2327077 said:
CHIEFS SHOPPING L.J., TOO
Posted by Mike Florio on October 12, 2008, 12:36 p.m.

At a time when the Chiefs are actively talking to other teams about a trade of tight end Tony Gonzalez, Jay Glazer of FOX reports that they also are shopping running back Larry Johnson.

It’d be a wise move to move L.J., as we pointed out in last week’s Ten-Pack for SportingNews.com. Really, who needs a high-end running back when the team is routinely going to be abandoning the run?

The problem is that the Chiefs will have a hard time finding someone to assume Johnson’s contract, and his reputation for surliness. (The other problem is that, barring a catastrophic injury on Sunday, no contending team needs a tailback of L.J.’s ilk. Except for maybe the Broncos, but the Chiefs would likely resist trading Johnson within the division.)

Johnson is signed for four more seasons, with base salaries of $2.5 million in 2008, $4.55 million in 2009, $5 million in 2010, $5.3 million in 2011, and $5.9 million in 2012.

Maybe Pats could use him - Maroney is always nicked up and they need a running game to take the pressure off Cassell.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
this is not baseball. you do not trade for a guy just so a division rival can't get him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't give away adraft pick just to keep a guy off the roster of a rival. If they get him, so be it. We have to still win the game no matter who they have. You want to be the best. Beat the best. A 3rd rounder for a player we don't need, and will not be around, especially at his pay. We don't need him. A 6th or 7th round and renegotiated contract. Then that is different.

Undisputed

Reaction score
dueyhemlock;2327006 said:
Dude, I see the wheels are spinning but you're not going nowhere....:confused:....maybe I missed what you are responding to.

Felix the Cat needs to be involved more 4 sure.

If our division is improving, we need to keep up. Prefer a WR to offset TO.

I don't see a sense of urgency. That's the thing. We are the second highest scoring team in the league and that is with stupid (but correctable) errors and without using our current talent to the best of their abilities.

I think we know that we probably should have dropped 42 on the Browns and 35 on the Packers. And after a guy like Felix Jones gets 0 touches in a huge divisional game, I am far more concerned about utilizing the guys we have than JJ signing another WR. Not saying I'm against it. But like I said, I don't feel a sense of urgency just because the Giants might go after TG.

Reaction score
Hopefully he doesnt go to the Eagles or Giants...

He can still ball and will be All-Pro on a solid team with a good QB