News: PFT: Could Quinn be the coaching in wait for the Cowboys?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Most definitely. Quinn would cost Dallas less than Payton would. They would have to give up draft pick compensation to the Saints to get Payton, who also might cost them more finanically.

Jones could seek a guarantee in Quinn’s contract that Quinn will be the team’s next HC if the NFL & Fritz Pollard Alliance approved the clause, the Cowboys would not have to comply w/the Rooney Rule once they decided to move on from MM.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's why he keeps hiring the wrong coaches. He has in mind already who he wants and never does a thorough search. Other teams do that

agreed. I like Quinn but maybe just maybe i end up liking someone else more. or not maybe after all I stick with the guy I like and that's fine. I just know at the end of the day i'd have made the best decision based off all the interviews not just after 1 interview.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i think its cool our def coord was born on the same day as our greatest head coach...tom landry.
both born on 9-11.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Could be. Jerry likes him. But I just hope Jerry decides to interview at least 8-10 people for the job next time. Don't just hire the 1st guy you like, talk to everyone and make the best decision.
that wont happen lol , too much actual work.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I know but it's sad the biggest franchise in sports can't bother to really interview a few candidates.
I dont think they have ever interviewed several like other teams do, they just pick someone, talk to them and hire them.
I guess they think so highly of their abilitys, they dont really need to do all that interviewing stuff.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What's interesting to me is the multi-year extension although he signed a 3 years deal before the season started. Read a tweet asking who's now the biggest star on the team.......Parsons. Maybe this isn't about Payton, but Quinn and Jerry's newest superstar.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...inn-be-the-head-coach-in-waiting-for-cowboys/

Could Dan Quinn be the head-coach-in-waiting for Cowboys?
Posted by Charean Williams on January 28, 2022, 3:52 PM EST

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...oach-dan-quinn-favorite-new-dallas-cowboys-dc

if Jerry cant get Payton than Quinn...McCarthey is lame duck coach i have to believe its obvious to him unless his skull is too thick?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Could be. Jerry likes him. But I just hope Jerry decides to interview at least 8-10 people for the job next time. Don't just hire the 1st guy you like, talk to everyone and make the best decision.

its Payton and if he cant land Payton by next year he promised it to Quinn and then paid him this year HC money.....McCarthey is a lame duck coach and whole locker room knows it.....the team will have to rally

around one another to increase success which could be a good thing or something that works against them....McCarthy does not even read the OC sheet just keeps it folded and his stomach gets in the way

of the play clock so he cannot manage clock either....plus Jerry picked His OC two years ago and His DC last year and kept him again....McCarthey has very little say and is ok with it....no wonder he get so

nervous when everything is on the line during games....he is not use to making big decisions in heat of the moment....lets all just be real about it all....its all true

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dan Quinn is 43-42 in six seasons as an NFL head coach. He's done a nice job improving the defense, but this seems like more Jerry coaching shenanigans.

Get off to a bad start and ol' Jerry will replace you with a guy already on his staff. Worked really well the first time he tried it. :rolleyes:

But he'd be a step up from McCarthy who hasn't been contributing to the offense anyway. HC/DC Quinn. It's a *likely* outcome.