PFT: Cowboys are now focused on getting Dak's deal done

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Thought you saw some bullets during Zeke's negotiation........just wait (lol)
BTW.....for the fans/poster STILL not sure of their commitment to Dak, notice Stephen's statement in the piece below.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...w-focused-on-getting-dak-prescotts-deal-done/
Cowboys now focused on getting Dak Prescott’s deal done
Posted by Charean Williams on September 5, 2019, 5:13 PM EDT
pft1-7-e1567717991387.jpg

AP
Ezekiel Elliott has his deal. Dak Prescott still is waiting.

Elliott wants for Prescott what he got for himself in becoming the highest-paid running back in football with a six-year, $90 million extension.

“I want to see it get done. I want to play with him for the rest of my career,” Elliott said.

That prompted Prescott jokingly to reply Thursday, “He’s so sweet, isn’t he?”

Prescott’s representation remains in talks with the Cowboys on a new deal for the quarterback. While Elliott held out of training camp and the preseason, Prescott has been with his team throughout.

“I just can’t imagine Dak doesn’t know what we think of him,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones told reporters Thursday, via Jon Machota of ***BLOCKED***. “We’re trying to put the best team around him. We want him to win Super Bowls. He’s going to be the quarterback around here for many, many years to come.”

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let’s just get it done and pay the kid 26 years old solid dude seems to be improving and he’s a winner. I think 31-33 is where it lands

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
He's our guy...right, wrong or indifferent. Don't have time with this group to train a new one. Just smile and nod. Hopefully he will show growth.

cern

Reaction score
If we had been asked 3 years ago how would we like to have a new qb that after his first three years would be second only to brady in wins, most would say yes. Well, we got that guy and many now want to get rid of him. Go figure.

817Gill

Reaction score
Lmao y’all should check out those comments on the PFT article. Wow are people wrong and hatin :laugh:

endersdragon

Reaction score
They need to either get Dak or Cooper's contract done so the franchise tag could be used next year.
I would prefer to sign Cooper and franchise Dak though. I know Cooper is worth a long term contract (just not crazy long like last time), Dak I am not so sure about yet.

J-man

Reaction score
I have 0 concerns about Dak not getting a new deal. He will get paid very well. I still think it gets done by Sunday night, we'll see.