PFT: Cowboys holding out hope of a deal with Dak before Sunday

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Problem with Zeke contract is that Jerry's idiot boy opened up his pie hole and said Gurley was the starting point in negotiations.

Then he tried to walk it back, but it was too late...…….Zeke was like, " pay up bro"!

Notice he aint saying jack about the numbers on Dak's contract, he apparently learned his lesson on Zeke's deal.
Zeke is better than Gurley so why shouldn’t he get paid like it? And if you weren’t too lazy and studied the contract details you would know that it was a win win contract.

Blake

Reaction score
I would let the 15th ranked QB walk for that kind of money...

You can do so to your heart's content.... on Madden.

Thankfully the real football minds can see past a faux popularity contest.

cern

Reaction score
I have no doubt Stephen is on top of this just like the other signings. The game being played is the agents game. They prefer to wait until the last minute in hopes the fo will up the ante. I suspect a good offer's been made and dak will take it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what Dak's ceiling is but some of the complaints I see here, repeatedly, are asinine. I won't name names...just look in a mirror.

He was the Cowboys 3rd string QB in 2016, suddenly thrusted into the starting role as a rookie one year after a disastrous 2015 season with veterans like Cassel and Weeden. All he did was go 13-3, along with the "fat" RB another segment of this fan base can't stop complaining about daily.

"Let them go, tank, draft a 'franchise' QB and use any running backs behind our o-line!"

What planet were you on the last 20 years? The Cowboys ability to just find another QB hasn't been strong, and how did guys like JuJo and Randle do as RB?

I'm not saying Dak and Zeke are perfect - they're not - but the ease with which some fans think they can be replaced is not supported by history. But by all means, let me have it and keep spewing your meaningless venom. Because whether any of us like it or not, Zeke and Dak aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My concern is this a distraction going into the game. I mean should Dak be preparing for the game, not his contract? :muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully this will force you to go away since the organization will be doomed. Please I hope you go away. You’re a cancer to this board and you give dogs a bad name.

You and your Dak clan are the cancer here selling a defective product daily but to no avail as your bullying and mob tactics have not convinced the folks here that Dak is the real McCoy!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what Dak's ceiling is but some of the complaints I see here, repeatedly, are asinine. I won't name names...just look in a mirror.

He was the Cowboys 3rd string QB in 2016, suddenly thrusted into the starting role as a rookie one year after a disastrous 2015 season with veterans like Cassel and Weeden. All he did was go 13-3, along with the "fat" RB another segment of this fan base can't stop complaining about daily.

"Let them go, tank, draft a 'franchise' QB and use any running backs behind our o-line!"

What planet were you on the last 20 years? The Cowboys ability to just find another QB hasn't been strong, and how did guys like JuJo and Randle do as RB?

I'm not saying Dak and Zeke are perfect - they're not - but the ease with which some fans think they can be replaced is not supported by history. But by all means, let me have it and keep spewing your meaningless venom. Because whether any of us like it or not, Zeke and Dak aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
* yeppers, it's sure looking like they've came to play& stay,,,& the upside to it( I'm thinking) ,is I don't think letting up off the foot feed pedal & engaging cruise control,(x#88) once their both "locked down" into those juicy contracts,,, is in their FOOTBALLIN' Casing-Liner's:starspin:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Just like with Romo haters...the Dak haters don’t like the QB, but offer zero reasonable solutions.

Attention— Attention please...All beanbrains gather round:

Getting QB’s isn’t easy. See numerous draft and free agent letdowns and flat out failures around the NFL.

Even if it wasn’t stupid to move on and we ignored all the indicators that Dak is, at minimum, pretty damn good, your solution is to start over with a young team that looks ready to win—and has been winning???

Just please think of your solutions and assessments and ask yourself if you’re being dumb. Then rethink that and realize that you’re also not good at self evaluation.

Last edited:

csirl

Reaction score
Getting QB’s isn’t easy. See numerous draft and free agent letdowns and flat out failures around the NFL.

There are 32 teams in the NFL. In any given year c.25 of them have QBs who are clearly good enough to start in the league. Maybe not "elite", but with nearly all the required skills.

In any given offseason, several NFL teams will change their starting QBs. In any given offseason, there are several options for teams seeking starting QBs - both veterans and draftees.

This notion that starting quality QBs are as rare as dodos is complete rubbish.

mcmvp

Reaction score
That was melodramatic. Few things sadder than a control freak who doesn't control anything anymore. When you proclaim yourself the hall monitor of the site, I find myself feeling sorry for you. Get a life. Perhaps a hobby. Read a book.

Seriously. He obviously misses his days in the corps. He’s trying to tell us that we want and need him on that wall. Give me a break. Shouldn’t a former marine value the freedom for people to feel the way they want and voice their opinion? Pretty sure that’s part of what they’re protecting. He must’ve missed that memo...or he’s standing on the wrong country’s wall

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think Dak is ready to sign now that his buddy got paid. It’s probly down to the guaranteed money. If he does sign before the game then his and Elliot better have a big game Sunday. Lol