RELEASED PFT: Cowboys release Justin Durant

Pants

Reaction score
I am not even drinking but I read the title as "Cowboys release Jason....."

forget it

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This is being done so that they can protect a PS members' rights going into next season. It's pretty standard stuff for end of season.

No. It is evidence that the team is incompetent. Plain and simple.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
lol wth? possible he was up for some type of a bonus or escalator clause that would impact the cap next year?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
lol wth? possible he was up for some type of a bonus or escalator clause that would impact the cap next year?

No. He's not playing Sunday and we want to protect a PS player.

Some of y'all needs to learn about Occam's Razor.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broaddus was on the money when he stated two months ago that "Durant retired". It's great that the Cowboys have now caught up to the fact.

Etchyboy

Reaction score
Cowboys release Justin Durant

856374666-e1514318487236.jpg

Linebacker Justin Durant won't play for the Cowboys in Week 17. The team announced on Tuesday that Durant has been cut from the roster. Like all players dropped at this point in the year, he ...

Read Full Story

Championship!.... Oh wait. NM

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is being done so that they can protect a PS members' rights going into next season. It's pretty standard stuff for end of season.

Nice try....but no. One tthing I learned about Jerry on my trip to Jerryworld....everything is about money w/ Jerry. And I mean everything. And once you start trying to think like him...you will start to see things in a different light. and then it all starts to make sense why he does some of the things he does.

Why release Durant now???

In Jerry's eyes...cutting him now...he saved himself 80,000.:rolleyes:

If you can be objective...yet look @ things from the perspective...".how can I save money (for myself)...yet still trick the fans into thinking I'm putting the best product out there for the money...." Then your starting to think like Jerry.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we basically went from playoffs-do-or-die mode to preseason-hall-of-fame-game mode in two days.
I have no problem with that. In fact, there are a couple others who are on the 53 that won't be next year. Cut them and bring up more PS guys. Show some faith in them will go a long long ways.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Should have made a strong move for Bowman. All Durant do was steal money from the team. He will be back next year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This was done for two reasons...............first, to protect a guy on the practice squad if you think he is fixing to get poached. Second, you let a vet that you know you are not going to resign have a chance to catch on with a playoff team. Showing good will to players helps when it comes time for recruiting free agents.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was done for two reasons...............first, to protect a guy on the practice squad if you think he is fixing to get poached. Second, you let a vet that you know you are not going to resign have a chance to catch on with a playoff team. Showing good will to players helps when it comes time for recruiting free agents.
It's not really that hard to figure out is it?