Practice Squad PFT: Cowboys sign Brandon Carr to their practice squad

Carson

Reaction score
Admittedly, I don't know the rules, but how is a 10+ year vet PS eligible?

You’re allowed 6 vets on a 16 man practice squad.

In reality, it allows teams a few backups just in case a player test positive a few days before the game. It’s to keep the playing field even.

The Eagles are paying Josh McCown $12,000 a week. He’s staying in Texas and doesn’t have to report. He basically shows up if a QB is hurt or test positive.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Starting Safety by Week Three. Fans eat crow by midseason.

If we don't do anything else at the safety position, I think he's starting safety by Week 1. He's the veteran guy who can step in right away. I think he'll be one of the two players we call up for the first game.

Carson

Reaction score
If we don't do anything else at the safety position, I think he's starting safety by Week 1. He's the veteran guy who can step in right away. I think he'll be one of the two players we call up for the first game.

I hope so. I don’t trust Thompson at all

Kaiser

Reaction score

That could definitely happen. The PS spot might just be a way to get him signed a day or two early to hit the ground running. I agree he is the starter and that happens soon.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
When Carr was with us the first time I thought he would have been a better safety for us than a cornerback.

CapnB

Reaction score
When Carr was with us the first time I thought he would have been a better safety for us than a cornerback.

Cant remember if there was talk among the team or if it was just fans that wanted to see him for to safety. But i do know it was a topic

bodi

Reaction score
they signed the two i wanted offensive tackle Issac Alarcon, linebacker Francis Bernard,

plasticman

Reaction score
He hasn't stolen enough money from Jerry?

The annual recipient of the Warm Body Award totaled 7 INT's over five seasons for what was considered a huge contract at the time. I don't think he ever went beyond the level of adequate the entire time he was with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys would be better off coaching up the young guys and giving them some time on the field.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He hasn't stolen enough money from Jerry?

The annual recipient of the Warm Body Award totaled 7 INT's over five seasons for what was considered a huge contract at the time. I don't think he ever went beyond the level of adequate the entire time he was with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys would be better off coaching up the young guys and giving them some time on the field.

So Carr's superpowers is his ability to stay healthy. I would rather have a vet who can get INTs, make plays, and not get burned by the deep ball. The signing of Carr is as boring and unexciting as it gets.

Kaiser

Reaction score
No kidding. Hey, Josh. Wanna make $600K and stay at home?

"Josh, we are in the position meeting and need you to Share Screen. Josh, are you there? Its a big button at the bottom of your screen. It says Share Screen. Josh? Josh? "