PFT: Cowboys training camp is finally over

rafaelgreco

Reaction score
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 27, 2010 2:48 PM ET
Three cities, 36 days, 40 practices, and 4,438 Dez Bryant stories later, Cowboys training camp has finally ended. The players reported to San Antonio on July 23, and wrapped up Friday in Oxnard, California. So what did we learn?

1. Patrick Crayton won't be easy to dismiss. With Bryant hurt after a blistering start and Kevin Ogletree disappointing, the Cowboys realize they need Crayton to stabilize their receiver group.

2. Don't call Felix Jones a starter just yet. We're going to see a running back committee in Dallas just like last year, with Marion Barber in better position to have a big year.

3. Cowboys fans like to freak out about a few relatively sluggish preseason efforts on offense. Tony Romo will not be the problem on this team, people.

4. It's probably not a big deal if Marcus Spears plays fewer snaps this year.

5. Losing safety Gerald Sensabaugh is a bigger concern. The Cowboys are thin at safety.

6. The offensive line is a concern. Doug Free solidified his starting left tackle spot over Alex Barron, but age and injuries have already started to catch up to the rest of the Cowboys line.

7. Losing tight end John Phillips for the season was a big blow, but the strong close to camp by Martellus Bennett provides hope that MartyB can finally live up to his promise.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Looks like the Eagles might be interested in claiming Sicko or Rucker (if he does well) should we cut them.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
LeonDixson;3516655 said:
Looks like the Eagles might be interested in claiming Sicko or Rucker (if he does well) should we cut them.

Where did you see that?

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Are you trying to say my post was a non sequitur?:lmao2:

It does look out of place, doesn't it. I had clicked on a link that talked about the Eagles promising TE, who will miss his second season in a row and that they were looking for a backup TE to Brent Celik. That's what I was responding to. No idea how it ended up here.:lmao:

arglebargle

Reaction score
Was looking like a decent article until the 'Cowboys are thin at safety' comment. Unproven, perhaps, but I think it's a strong possibility that the Cowboys will go long on the roster and keep 6 safeties, because the talent there is so good.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Did the players get any full days off during camp?

So much for Camp Cupcake.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Hagman;3516724 said:
Did the players get any full days off during camp?

So much for Camp Cupcake.
I don't believe they did. Except maybe the day after the SD game.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
LeonDixson;3516728 said:
I don't believe they did. Except maybe the day after the SD game.

I saw where they were even going through plays in a parking lot today. The coaches have ramped it up this year. Gotta love it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We are thin at safety. Oh, we have some developing talent there but little experience beyond Sensabaugh. So losing him does create some concern.

And I don't think we'll go that long on safeties. Church can go on the PS. I think McCray has made the team on STs. But five safeties is still long at the position.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Hagman;3516731 said:
I saw where they were even going through plays in a parking lot today. The coaches have ramped it up this year. Gotta love it.
I didn't see that. lol