News: PFT: Cowboys worked out Goff at Cal on Saturday

NewsBot

Reaction score
A Cowboys contingent that included team owner Jerry Jones and head coach Jason Garrett oversaw a private workout for Cal quarterback Jared Goff Saturday, Peter King of MMQB.com reported. King wrote that Jones “reportedly loved what he saw” from Goff in the workout, which took place at the University of California. That the Cowboys would…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2389172&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A Cowboys contingent that included team owner Jerry Jones and head coach Jason Garrett oversaw a private workout for Cal quarterback Jared Goff Saturday, Peter King of MMQB.com reported. King wrote that Jones “reportedly loved what he saw” from Goff in the workout, which took place at the University of California. That the Cowboys would…http://youwillnotrackme2.net/b.gif?host=profootballtalk.nbcsports.com&blog=&post=2389172&subd=nbcprofootballtalk&ref=&feed=1

Continue reading...

I think if Wentz is the Ram's pick, the Cowboys might do a swap trade with Cleveland for Goff.

Word is that to swap picks 4 and 2, the Brown's want a 2 & 3 this year or a 1st next year.

This is dirt cheap to what the Rams had to pay, so Jerry might be thinking to pull the trigger this year instead of trading an entire draft later.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think if Wentz is the Ram's pick, the Cowboys might do a swap trade with Cleveland for Goff.

Word is that to swap picks 4 and 2, the Brown's want a 2 & 3 this year or a 1st next year.

This is dirt cheap to what the Rams had to pay, so Jerry might be thinking to pull the trigger this year instead of trading an entire draft later.

I would do this but the Browns would be dumb to pass on Goff but they might think Goff wont be able to handle cold weather and the NFC north teams

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I would do this but the Browns would be dumb to pass on Goff but they might think Goff wont be able to handle cold weather and the NFC north teams

Exactly...........I think the Browns wanted Wentz because he could play in cold weather and rain games. The Rams probably figured that out as well, and that is why they had to leap frog Cleveland and trade with the Titans.

Goff is a California kid, and played most of his games in the sunshine so the idea of him throwing a frozen football in 10 degree weather with 20 mph wind blowing into the "dog pound' from Lake Erie is probably not the best idea.

Ergo, that is why the Cowboy's brass went out to Cali to work out Goff and take him to dinner............it wasn't to get a tan.;)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't help but to think that there has been some thought that the Rams are drafting Wentz at #1, and that the Browns are looking to move out of #2.

JPostSam

Reaction score

i could see san fran move up from 7, with more picks and kaepernick in trade. the browns aren't sold on rg3 as the answer (his contract says as much) and having both quarterbacks would mean a legitimate competition. goff is a san fran-area guy who would satisfy the fan base.

that makes more sense for both teams than for dallas to give up picks for a guy who won't play for two or three years.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I can't help but to think that there has been some thought that the Rams are drafting Wentz at #1, and that the Browns are looking to move out of #2.

Even old subscription based information tool Mike Fisher said that the chances are that the Cowboys already know who the Rams are taking at 1 overall.

If they really like Goff and are so inclined this move would not surprise me one bit.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Exactly...........I think the Browns wanted Wentz because he could play in cold weather and rain games. The Rams probably figured that out as well, and that is why they had to leap frog Cleveland and trade with the Titans.

Goff is a California kid, and played most of his games in the sunshine so the idea of him throwing a frozen football in 10 degree weather with 20 mph wind blowing into the "dog pound' from Lake Erie is probably not the best idea.

Ergo, that is why the Cowboy's brass went out to Cali to work out Goff and take him to dinner............it wasn't to get a tan.;)

Rodgers is CA kid and he is doing pretty well on GB. Brady is another CA kid and he is doing well in NE. I understand your point but I just but into cold weather/ warm weather stuff. If your good, you can play in any type of weather imo.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Rodgers is CA kid and he is doing pretty well on GB. Brady is another CA kid and he is doing well in NE. I understand your point but I just but into cold weather/ warm weather stuff. If your good, you can play in any type of weather imo.

Dont forget the nonsense we heard from the browns coach about Hand sizes,that suchs weird thing about Goffs hand size being 9 inch or 9 1/4th inches.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Dont forget the nonsense we heard from the browns coach about Hand sizes,that suchs weird thing about Goffs hand size being 9 inch or 9 1/4th inches.

Yea it all has to do with a team preference and all its need is one team.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
:)
Even old subscription based information tool Mike Fisher said that the chances are that the Cowboys already know who the Rams are taking at 1 overall.

If they really like Goff and are so inclined this move would not surprise me one bit.

He occasionally has some good information on his twitter, but man does he know how to bombard a time line the other 95% of the time.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Wast Jackson yappin about hand size during the combine

DFWJC

Reaction score
Solid QB draft class (mostly deep), but I'm not sure any of them are truly worthy of a top 1 or 2 pick.
And we don't live in a vacuum and that position often gets pushed up--so B or B+ level prospects end up drafted as if they are an A+

I understand the Rams' situation though--it's different than the other teams'.
New market. LA is a star-driven market and they have a team perfectly set up for a young QB to have some success. Good situation

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wast Jackson yappin about hand size during the combine

Exactly.............Jackson said that hand size was a big deal and Goff has small hands.

And to that the weather conditions that Goff would have to play in and you can start to see why they might pass on Goff.

Anyways, all speculation at this point.................we will find out soon enough.

sbark

Reaction score
Wonder if either team is reviewing Cal's 56-14 loss in the driving torrential rain in 2013 where Goff got yanked after 14 snaps...........came in leading the nation in passing yards

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly.............Jackson said that hand size was a big deal and Goff has small hands.

And to that the weather conditions that Goff would have to play in and you can start to see why they might pass on Goff.

Anyways, all speculation at this point.................we will find out soon enough.

Romo has smallish hands and it seemed he had some fumble issues early in his career. I wonder what what ratio was for him fumbling in warm amd cold weather