News: PFT: Dak Prescott: Everyone can get theirs with salary cap trending up

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You don't have to pay a guy $35 mill/season to "get paid". Foles got what was it, 22 mill/season for 4 years. That's 88 mill. How is that not getting paid?
When they say “get paid” I’m assuming they mean in comparison to his peers not what would make most of go crazy. Some want him to be the record setting qb or close to it but his skills don’t dictate that to me. I think he’s Alex Smith Jr as a qb.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Unless you're the same way when people call those who think Dak is average haters and or try to insinuate all types of wild things about them take that hypocrisy elsewhere.

I don’t call people haters. So I’m not being hypocritical.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I live in Philly and have saw him in 3. One for Directv, one for yogurt when Cam got cut from the brand, and one when he went to some high school kids school. Granted I'm not watching tv all day but I mainly watch sports tv and don't see this guy on commercials like that. Maybe there is a lot for a nfl guy but that doesn't scream bunch to me but when you're a fanman guess that's a lot.

3 different commercials, outside of your home teams market, is a decent amount. It’s not about being a “fanman” it’s about the reality of being the Dallas Cowboys QB. The same happened with Romo when he was playing. That’s what the discussion was about. It was about how being QB of the cowboys is a benefit with getting endorsements. It has nothing to do with Dak individually.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
3 different commercials, outside of your home teams market, is a decent amount. It’s not about being a “fanman” it’s about the reality of being the Dallas Cowboys QB. The same happened with Romo when he was playing. That’s what the discussion was about. It was about how being QB of the cowboys is a benefit with getting endorsements. It has nothing to do with Dak individually.
When they are national commericals I don't agree but being that nfl players don't get many commercials I'll give you that he's been in a few. I'll take that L and agree with you but I don't see them as much anymore like the year before. I think his time is up like someone said.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don’t call people haters. So I’m not being hypocritical.
I'm saying calling out the posters on your side that do. That's what I said I didn't say you individually and if I did my bad. I'm pretty sure I said you don't call out those on the other side of the Dak debate

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm saying calling out the posters on your side that do. That's what I said I didn't say you individually and if I did my bad. I'm pretty sure I said you don't call out those on the other side of the Dak debate

Fair enough Phil. You’re right that the animosity goes in both directions for the Dak debates.

Hopefully Dak plays so well this upcoming season that there won’t be Dak debates next off season. But we shall see what happens.

HungryLion

Reaction score
When they are national commericals I don't agree but being that nfl players don't get many commercials I'll give you that he's been in a few. I'll take that L and agree with you but I don't see them as much anymore like the year before. I think his time is up like someone said.

Could be. He needs to take the next step to keep them rolling. Especially with a guy like Mahomes playing like he did last year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully Dak plays so well this upcoming season that there won’t be Dak debates next off season. But we shall see what happens.
Do not hold your breath.

Some people, both forum members and in general, self-exaggerate the benefits and drawbacks of quarterback play. Prescott's only chance of minimal or practical criticism would have taken place if he had helped lead the team to a Super Bowl victory in 2016, a feat which would have been both unprecedented and not really realistic for a rookie NFL quarterback.

That window of opportunity has long passed. In my opinion, Prescott will continue drawing overt criticism even if he does hoist a Lombardi or more in his future. Too many faults, both actual and imagined, have been applied to him since his first season. And the sport's championship play remains significantly viewed from the outside looking in as solely bound by what a quarterback can or cannot do, despite what teammates and coaching do or do not offer in support of the ultimate goal. This stance is especially true within cowboyszone.

I will wish Prescott the best, hope he and rest of the team get it together long enough to push through to a Super Bowl appearance and/or victory or more sometime during his Cowboy career. Maybe 2019 will be that season? Regardless, go Cowboys.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Fair enough Phil. You’re right that the animosity goes in both directions for the Dak debates.

I always hope him and anybody else on this team plays well but when they don't esp at QB you're going to hear about it. Like you said that's part of being Dallas Cowboys or heck any QB in general.