News: PFT: Dak Prescott: We’ve got to do better and it starts with me

NewsBot

Reaction score
Monday night got off to a productive and frustrating start for the Cowboys offense. They drove into the red zone on each of their first three drives and new wideout Amari Cooper scored a touchdown, but those seven points were all they managed thanks to a missed field goal and an interception in the end [more]

Continue reading...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Shut up Dak. Too freaking late!!!! Did you not get the memo that THAT game was a must win? Sit down and shut up. Cowboy Nation has just about had enough.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How bad was this loss? Removing for the moment the poor play. Just look at what was in place before the game:

Home game - check.
Coming off bye week - check.
New top receiver - check
Crowd in it - check
Must win game - check.
Healthy quarterback and running back - check
Weak opponent - check
Rookie head coach for the opponent - check.

Result? 28-14 LOSS.

I've watched the Cowboys for now 50 years, I have seen bad losses before, but this is one of the worst ever. You would be hard pressed to find a team with more advantages going into the game, and you still lost.

Blame Dak all you want, but the fact is the game was tied at halftime. Anybody's ball game. But the key stat?

Titans were 11 of 14 on third down - 78.57%

50% is considered very good, exceptional even. 60%? unusual. 70%? Amazing. Nearly 80%? Boggles the mind....

mmohican29

Reaction score
How bad was this loss? Removing for the moment the poor play. Just look at what was in place before the game:

Home game - check.
New top receiver - check
Crowd in it - check
Must win game - check.
Weak opponent - check

Result? 28-14 LOSS.

I've watched the Cowboys for now 50 years, I have seen bad losses before, but this is one of the worst ever. You would be hard pressed to find a team with more advantages going into the game, and you still lost.

Blame Dak all you want, but the fact is the game was tied at halftime. Anybody's ball game. But the key stat?

50% is considered very good, exceptional even. 60%? unusual. 70%? Amazing. Nearly 80%? Boggles the mind....

Absolutely one of the worst losses in memory. Incredibly inept especially after an almost 2 week bye with the season on the line.
Inexcusable performance. You have to win this game, and you lay an egg of that stench?

Ooooof. Not good.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Absolutely one of the worst losses in memory. Incredibly inept especially after an almost 2 week bye with the season on the line.
Inexcusable performance. You have to win this game, and you lay an egg of that stench?

Ooooof. Not good.
AGREE. In this spot of the season, a must win,at home,coming off a bye week, adding Cooper...relatively healthy...and we underperform LIKE THAT!!!!!????? That is a fireable offense.Garrett is in charge and must go at once. We allowed a worse than mediocre team,to come in here ON MONDAY NIGHT no less, and kick our arses!! We were humiliated, embarrassed. Jerry appeared to be plenty pissed last night. I haven't seen him like this in many years. Something will happen today,I just about assure you all of that. Too much money and talent on offense to perform like a turd. It was awful in the 2nd half. The oline was hot garbage in some very important spots of the game. CONNOR FREAKING WILLIAMS HAS TO BE BENCHED FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD!!!! Collins has to be moved to LG where he is much better. START FLEMING!!!

Rayman70

Reaction score

Home game - check.
New top receiver - check
Crowd in it - check
Must win game - check.
Weak opponent - check

Result? 28-14 LOSS.

we made Vrabel and Mariota look like the next coming in the 2nd half. Sickening effort by the team,most notably, on offense and with the coaching. No adjustments made..NOTHING.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
AGREE. In this spot of the season, a must win,at home,coming off a bye week, adding Cooper...relatively healthy...and we underperform LIKE THAT!!!!!????? That is a fireable offense.Garrett is in charge and must go at once. We allowed a worse than mediocre team,to come in here ON MONDAY NIGHT no less, and kick our arses!! We were humiliated, embarrassed. Jerry appeared to be plenty pissed last night. I haven't seen him like this in many years. Something will happen today,I just about assure you all of that. Too much money and talent on offense to perform like a turd. It was awful in the 2nd half. The oline was hot garbage in some very important spots of the game. CONNOR FREAKING WILLIAMS HAS TO BE BENCHED FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD!!!! Collins has to be moved to LG where he is much better. START FLEMING!!!

Mostly agree with you, but I didn't see that Jerry was plenty pissed, he seemed resigned to fate. Could be my take on it of course.

I'd put Collins at guard too, but I'd put Williams at RT, his biggest fault is being too weak for guard, having to take on 300-plus pound tackles, at tackle he'd be taking on 275 or less DEs, he seems to have good footwork, which Collins doesn't have as much...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
we made Vrabel and Mariota look like the next coming in the 2nd half. Sickening effort by the team,most notably, on offense and with the coaching. No adjustments made..NOTHING.

Did the Cowboys ever blitz? Even once? When it was third and long, always a screen pass, after the 5th or 6th one the Titans were ready for it.

Abysmal (as usual) play calling. Didn't see one Dak designed run to my recollection. For the life of me, you see what worked in the JVille game, then you stop doing it?

But that's apparently Stephen's decision, so to those that want Jerry to step down, even if that happened Stephen is just as stupid....

Rayman70

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys ever blitz? Even once? When it was third and long, always a screen pass, after the 5th or 6th one the Titans were ready for it.

Abysmal (as usual) play calling. Didn't see one Dak designed run to my recollection. For the life of me, you see what worked in the JVille game, then you stop doing it?

But that's apparently Stephen's decision, so to those that want Jerry to step down, even if that happened Stephen is just as stupid....
lol..I had nightmares of the titans converting 3rd downs with screens!!! lol...Your right, they exposed us all night with screens. It was pitch and catch.Pass rush was hit an miss. Dion Lewis gashed us...it was one of those games where it was obvious we were poorly prepared. Started off great,then took the rest of the night off,and what made it worse, we scored zero points in the 2nd half...NO ADJUSTMENTS MADE. Wash rinse repeat.