News: PFT: Dak Prescott: We have to be more sound, more focused on offense

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“As I’ve said, I’ve got to stay disciplined, just playing it play by play and not try to put the dagger in them and knock them out of the game.”

I hope he sticks to that, because there were several times where he was clearly pressing. There’s a balance between taking your shot and being reckless. It used to be that Dak was afraid to take that shot, but last night he crossed over into reckless a few times.

And I’ll never get why he or Moore thought attacking Latinate was a good idea. One on one with Zeke? Seriously? And that forced throw down the middle was ‘rookie mistake’ level of bad.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
“As I’ve said, I’ve got to stay disciplined, just playing it play by play and not try to put the dagger in them and knock them out of the game.”

I hope he sticks to that, because there were several times where he was clearly pressing. There’s a balance between taking your shot and being reckless. It used to be that Dak was afraid to take that shot, but last night he crossed over into reckless a few times.

And I’ll never get why he or Moore thought attacking Latinate was a good idea. One on one with Zeke? Seriously? And that forced throw down the middle was ‘rookie mistake’ level of bad.

If you’re going to be risky then make the risky play by forcing it down the sideline.

You have the sideline protecting you and about half the time you can draw a penalty if it’s contested by the DB.

Throwing over the middle into double coverage 30 yards down field is like you said.. A rookie mistake.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No Moore is what we need. Why he isn't using Pollard like the Chiefs use Tyreek Hill is baffling to me. Misdirection plays in the run game work like a charm in this league. And we all know this team looks way better when we run the ball effectively. Losing Moore would be an addition by subtraction.

morasp

Reaction score
I've only made it through the first half but they seemed totally unprepared for blitzes. All the saints had to do was bring extra rushers and Dak gets flushed from the pocket and just throws it away. Isn't there usually a "hot route" the QB can throw to? They seemed totally out of sync on a seam route to Lamb that could have been a big gain. Usually that stuff gets practice reps so it's automatic bur Dak throws it over his left shoulder and Lamb is looking over his right shoulder. If they can't do a better job of establishing a better running game it could be a short season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you’re going to be risky then make the risky play by forcing it down the sideline.

You have the sideline protecting you and about half the time you can draw a penalty if it’s contested by the DB.

Throwing over the middle into double coverage 30 yards down field is like you said.. A rookie mistake.

You mean the play where he got hit in the face as he was throwing it? Did you watch the game?

phildadon86

Reaction score

Well I mean. His eyes were closed when he let that pass loose lol. Lets be real here

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You mean the play where he got hit in the face as he was throwing it? Did you watch the game?

Yes I did.

Also, This has gone on for a month since we played Denver. Im not watching 1 play and creating a narrative like a noobie fan such as yourself would do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No Moore is what we need. Why he isn't using Pollard like the Chiefs use Tyreek Hill is baffling to me. Misdirection plays in the run game work like a charm in this league. And we all know this team looks way better when we run the ball effectively. Losing Moore would be an addition by subtraction.

Losing Zeke would be addition by subtraction. Poor Moore is being forced to run Zeke by Jerry.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Zeke beat him, that was a bad throw.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes I did.

Also, This has gone on for a month since we played Denver. Im not watching 1 play and creating a narrative like a noobie fan such as yourself would do.

You just created a narrative off of one play. :muttley:

I was just wondering if you saw Dak get hit in the face on the pick because your comment seems clueless.

Blake

Reaction score
Well I mean. His eyes were closed when he let that pass loose lol. Lets be real here

He already had his target picked, was committed to the pass, and had a full throwing motion just as the hand was in his face. I do not think the hand was a factor on that play because muscle memory would've negated it. It was a bad pass.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Are you referring to the interception? If so, I think that would have been fine, had he not been smacked in the face while he was throwing it.