News: PFT: Dan Quinn: Micah Parsons isn't moving to full-time defensive end

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The indication about pay in this article is kind of stupid. Parsons will get paid like a high-end impact defender because that's what he is, whether he's classified as a linebacker or defensive end.
Khalil Mack was a 3-4 OLB when he became the highest paid defensive player in history (up to that in time).

eromeopolk

Reaction score
“He’s a pass-rushing linebacker,” Quinn said. “If you ever need position changes, come to me. What I think he was probably trying to say is, ‘I’m really emphasizing some pass rush into my offseason.’”

That’s not what he said. And, typically, what the coach says, goes.

It’s not just semantics. Defensive ends make more than linebackers, especially if the franchise tag is ever in play.

That likely won’t happen with Parsons. He’ll be in line for a new deal after the coming season, and the Cowboys would be wise to give him one — and to pay him like a high-end defensive end.
Thank you because it made Quinn look like a defensive fool instead of a defensive Guru. It also does not fit Jerry Dumbo GM Jones negotiate cheap on position (see Demarcus Ware 2nd contract negotiation).

Parsons was all luck falling to the Cowboys. So they will be lucky to have opponents guessing his position and lucky to keep him after negotiating the 2nd contract.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Thank you because it made Quinn look like a defensive fool instead of a defensive Guru. It also does not fit Jerry Dumbo GM Jones negotiate cheap on position (see Demarcus Ware 2nd contract negotiation).

Parsons was all luck falling to the Cowboys. So they will be lucky to have opponents guessing his position and lucky to keep him after negotiating the 2nd contract.
If he keeps playing like he has in the past, he will get paid by someone. He is a difference maker.