News: PFT: DeMarcus Lawrence vows to get his sack number "back up"

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
These guys are going to soon realize the days of this being a country club are over. Big Mike aint going to put up with this half-arse chit we have been seeing from a lot dudes lately.
I agree however as long as the Jones too close to the players nothing will change much.....the players know who has the power

Praxit

Reaction score
..BS, he barely averages double digit. Lets hope he gets 10 this year, and call it a good year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy likes to talk a lot. What if he doesn't do that? Gonna return some of that money so they can get better players for the D?

Hot Boyz? What a clown. He's the poster child for every Cowboy that thought it was about the show in Dallas. All they have to do is talk a good game.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I never felt watching Lawrence was that he was giving a half hearted effort.
I've never thought he was mailing it in, I think they get his best. I just don't think his best is impressive and never have.

It's a tie for me between 21M for him or 15M for Elliott. Which just sets the stage for 35M for Prescott.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think his sack totals in 2019 were more of an anomaly

ENDfrOZW4AARu7Q

bewp7

Reaction score
yeah like darthseinfeld showing his underlying number is good i am not worried about lawrence. he is probably the last one on defense i am worried about!

817Gill

Reaction score
Crazy how much y’all kill this man. Killed him when he wasn’t an instant pro-bowler as a second round pick and never gave the man props after he worked his butt off to become an All-Pro. Killed him when he asked for the contract he deserved after being franchise tagged and still performing with torn ligaments in his shoulder. Killed him when he had a down year recovering from surgery. And killing him now when he vows to get back to who he is.

Play for the Cowboys and no one hates you more than your own fans. Friends I have who are fans of NFCEast rival teams think higher of him than most of this forum smh.

Swanny

Reaction score
DeMarcus Lawrence vows to get his sack number "back up" - ProFootballTalk

GettyImages-1185634756-e1589160813717.jpg

DeMarcus Lawrence signed a five-year, $105 million extension a year ago. Statistically, last season was the worst among the four seasons he has played all 16 games. The Cowboys defensive end finished with only five sacks. The only seasons he had fewer sacks came in his rookie season of 2014 when he had none in [more]

Read Full Story
Yawn

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He says the right things and its still not good enough. Imagine that.

exactly he recognizes that his performance was not good enough last year and admits it and a desire to do better.

The usual suspects criticizing for it. I get that the internet is full of people that are just wanting to be malcontents but it is sad to see in action.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Taco in 10 games with the Dolphins had more sacks then DLaw...……….think about that for awhile guys.:facepalm:

Yes, this is true but Taco was released for allowing chunks of yardage by a RB on his side. If you ask me, I prefer to stop the run and let others ge to the QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
exactly he recognizes that his performance was not good enough last year and admits it and a desire to do better.

The usual suspects criticizing for it. I get that the internet is full of people that are just wanting to be malcontents but it is sad to see in action.
Same people over and over again. I question how these guys even watch the Cowboys. They hate everything about them lol.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Probably my least favorite player on the current roster. He needs to talk less and start producing. Hopefully the new staff won’t tolerate him standing on the sidelines for like 60% of the snaps