Video: PFT: Did Dallas Cowboys have worst offseason of any NFL team?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Dallas Cowboys have worst offseason of any NFL team?

nbc_pft_cowboysrestructurefrederick_180323.jpg

It's been a rough offseason for the Dallas Cowboys, but was it the worst in the league?

Read Full Story

Sydla

Reaction score
It's close.

But hey, we still have the draft!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait until the results are in for the moves the other teams made. We are not that far removed from the Dream Team and PHL being penciled in for the SB.

I cannot see all of this angst when the season is far from starting and many posters here had pet cats in FA and when they didn't get adopted, they got pissed.

I think losing Hitchens is a blow, just as I felt Leary was last season. Both players were underrated by many fans and their importance to the overall effect was minimized and I see the same happening with the healthiest LB we had. However, he can be replaced.

Ya know, all of this off season stuff is BS. Too many sports outlets with not enough to talk about and if you recall, last season PHL got nothing for their off season moves and were picked last in the East. So much for the talking head experts. After all of this clears, there is still football to be played to determine the losers and winners of the off season.

Just another media requirement to make sure they talk about the ratings darling of the NFL.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Such uneducated, reactionary nonsense. We retained two pro-bowl/all-pro caliber players we could have lost, lost exactly one notable contributor from last year to FA and cut a player everyone here wanted cut. We have ten picks in the upcoming draft and one of the youngest rosters in the league.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Wait until the results are in for the moves the other teams made. We are not that far removed from the Dream Team and PHL being penciled in for the SB.

I cannot see all of this angst when the season is far from starting and many posters here had pet cats in FA and when they didn't get adopted, they got pissed.

I think losing Hitchens is a blow, just as I felt Leary was last season. Both players were underrated by many fans and their importance to the overall effect was minimized and I see the same happening with the healthiest LB we had. However, he can be replaced.

Ya know, all of this off season stuff is BS. Too many sports outlets with not enough to talk about and if you recall, last season PHL got nothing for their off season moves and were picked last in the East. So much for the talking head experts. After all of this clears, there is still football to be played to determine the losers and winners of the off season.

Just another media requirement to make sure they talk about the ratings darling of the NFL.

People bemoan the loss of Hitchens and lack of FA moves but ignore the distinct possibility that we have numerous guys like Irving, Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, Frazier, Smith and Switzer poised to take the next step to being solid contributors or pro bowl caliber players.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Not to sound homerish or anything, but there's no trophies for winning offseasons, draft grades when they haven't stepped out in a NFL uniform, etc. so articles such as this are rubbish. I saw way too many articles proclaiming high-priced Skins FA's of year's past labeling them as contenders when in the end, all it did was drain their cap room.

All that matters is the product on the field.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
wait until the suspension(s) start rolling in

Yup...You know they are coming. Here are my early favorites for first suspension....

David Irving....NFL suspends him for that graphic 3 way video

Elliott...for the video of tearing off that womans top and exposing her breasts. NFL just won't let it go...Sticking it to us every chance they get.

Gregory....relapse. I'm just not buying he can stay clean.

Dez Bryant....W/ all the controversy this off season w/ his name attached...He's bound to do something stupid to push the issue of getting rid of him. You just know it's coming. Could be management driven.

D-Law....Scary to see what he does w/ some money now.

dfense

Reaction score
We'll all have a good laugh about the ridiculousness of these posts when Dallas wins the division next year.

Remember when the Giants were division favorites going into 2017?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Is the off season over already? I think I lost a few months some where.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Man.. most of these replies are so defensive. Can anyone at least agree that (to this point in comparison to others) our offseason has been a tad suspect???

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I hate to be the voice of reason here but winning the division will require besting the Eagles which, right now, looks like a fairly difficult task.... But I'll play along.... CHAMPIONSHIP!