PFT: Donald says Watts is now the best defensive player, mentioned Parsons

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm excited to see how Zim uses Parsons.......

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...w-has-the-title-of-nfls-best-defensive-player

Aaron Donald says T.J. Watt now has the title of NFL’s best defensive player​

Published April 6, 2024 04:59 AM

Aaron Donald was the best defensive player in the NFL over the last decade, but now that Donald is retired, he says T.J. Watt has that title.

Asked on Chris Long’s podcast who assumes the title of the best defensive player in the league now, Donald picked Watt.

“I think it’s T.J. Watt,” Donald said. “You talk about a guy that’s consistent. Been doing it year in, year out, consistently, that’s gonna get you 15 sacks, 13 sacks, 22 sacks, consistent. He’s the guy who’s been doing it consistently, interceptions, touchdowns, His stats are ridiculous every single year. He’s that guy to me. I know you’ve got Micah Parsons that’s coming up, you’ve got Myles Garrett, you’ve got a bunch of good players. But in my opinion, in the time I’ve seen T.J. Watt in this league, from the first time I’ve seen him to last year, he’s consistently been dominating in this league. So a lot of respect for him.”

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“I think it's T.J. Watt," Donald said. "You talk about a guy that’s consistent. Been doing it year in, year out, consistently, that’s gonna get you 15 sacks, 13 sacks, 22 sacks, consistent. He's the guy who's been doing it consistently, interceptions, touchdowns, His stats are ridiculous every single year. He's that guy to me.
Hard to say he's wrong.

Epic misfire by the Cowboys passing on Watt.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...w-has-the-title-of-nfls-best-defensive-player

Aaron Donald was the best defensive player in the NFL over the last decade, but now that Donald is retired, he says T.J. Watt has that title.

Asked on Chris Long’s podcast who assumes the title of the best defensive player in the league now, Donald picked Watt.

“I think it’s T.J. Watt,” Donald said. “You talk about a guy that’s consistent. Been doing it year in, year out, consistently, that’s gonna get you 15 sacks, 13 sacks, 22 sacks, consistent. He’s the guy who’s been doing it consistently, interceptions, touchdowns, His stats are ridiculous every single year. He’s that guy to me. I know you’ve got Micah Parsons that’s coming up, you’ve got Myles Garrett, you’ve got a bunch of good players. But in my opinion, in the time I’ve seen T.J. Watt in this league, from the first time I’ve seen him to last year, he’s consistently been dominating in this league. So a lot of respect for him.”
There's elite qb's, and theirs elite level pass rushers etc!! Micah is on the CUSP of being elite, WATT, Garrett are ELITE, they affect the game in many ways

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Parsons is better the first 8 games or so.

Then he begins his yearly fade and Watt keeps going. If Parsons could sustain his early season pace he'd be hands down the best.

shabazz

Reaction score
Parsons is better the first 8 games or so.

Then he begins his yearly fade and Watt keeps going. If Parsons could sustain his early season pace he'd be hands down the best.
This would be fixed by playing only the crappiest of teams all season then......against the Dolphins and Bills, Parsons had half a sack and 2 whole tackles.

The numbers don't lie

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he wouldn't be wrong. TJ watt is consistent. Parsons fades as season goes on

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
So glad we picked Taco over the NFL's best defensive player, we really saved some money on that ordeal
Worst first round selection in the last ten years by the Cowboys, I really hated that Taco pick, it was three weeks before the draft when his name was mentioned being tied to the Cowboys selection...

Jayinem

Reaction score
Nah, if we'd had Watt, we would have won every SB since drafting him, and Parsons wouldn't have fallen to us.
So he would have taught Dak to not be scared in the playoffs? Wow he really is amazing.