News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott will continue wearing knee brace for added stability

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wouldn't think a knee brace helps much with mobility. I'd be happy, though, if he'd just get his power back. Been strange to see Elliott run into the pile and the pile not move backward.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Just great...guy went from 4.7 40 back to 5.2...you could time him with a sun dial ....

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke has that Emmitt Smith heart and had a fantastic 4 year run (no pun intended). I’d love for him to somehow bounce back and give us a nice ~25 game stretch before his days in Big D are up.
Franchise preparing to unload Zeke, and the Board will blame him for all the TEAM failures.

Jipper

Reaction score
Highly suspect we will hear after the season (or before) he has something major torn in his knee and he doesn't want to have season ending surgery.

It is was something major he wouldn't be able to play like he is.

If there is something torn it's minor enough he can play through it

TwentyOne

Reaction score
ahab_200_standard-967166e412c29cfccf6af251a81459042d639ad4-s6-c30.jpg

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I wouldn't think a knee brace helps much with mobility. I'd be happy, though, if he'd just get his power back. Been strange to see Elliott run into the pile and the pile not move backward.

You'd be surprised. I tore my meniscus earlier this year, and the knee brace i had literally had me going from limping that morning to running back and forth on a basketball court in the afternoon, and that's just from the one i got from Amazon. I'm sure Zekes will be much better

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not good news. Looks like he'll be running between the tackles with no threat of bouncing it out. Pollard has a bad foot...... the run game is suddenly in trouble.

Gaede

Reaction score
Zeke has that Emmitt Smith heart and had a fantastic 4 year run (no pun intended). I’d love for him to somehow bounce back and give us a nice ~25 game stretch before his days in Big D are up.

Same. Fans seem to only look at production these days, and lose sight of intangibles like toughness, heart. Zeke is that guy for us. He won't quit on the team when he can still play, he'll block LBs and DTs head on when he's asked. Really cheering for him to get healthy and turn it around this year, because he's been playing hard and deserves it

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think Elliot’s injuries started earlier than the knee. I have heard he had a ankle injury also. He hasn’t been 100%. Hoping he is better but wearing brace as a precaution and not still hurt. He isn’t going down hill that fast. He was making jump cuts and breaking tackles. You don’t see the big plays because of the O-Line..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not that comforting when you hear someone say “yeah, I gotta wear this brace to hold everything together.”

calico

Reaction score
Highly suspect we will hear after the season (or before) he has something major torn in his knee and he doesn't want to have season ending surgery.
i think the same...and if he doesn't yet, he probably will tear something by the end of the year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That didn't happen last game. He BLASTED the pile forward.