News: PFT: Ezekiel Elliott will continue wearing knee brace for added stability

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not good news. Looks like he'll be running between the tackles with no threat of bouncing it out. Pollard has a bad foot...... the run game is suddenly in trouble.
It's been in trouble. Not much hope for a suddenly feared attack.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If people would have bothered to read the link, they would have found this nugget:

“Elliott has not rushed for 100 yards in a game since Week 5 and has averaged under 4.0 yards per carry the past five games.”

Let that sink in. And, no, it is not because he is injured.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
As a rookie Zeke looked like a meta human. Just faster and stronger than everyone else. Now he looks like a JAG. Fat and lazy and old and broke down.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
You'd be surprised. I tore my meniscus earlier this year, and the knee brace i had literally had me going from limping that morning to running back and forth on a basketball court in the afternoon, and that's just from the one i got from Amazon. I'm sure Zekes will be much better
I tore my meniscus a few years ago. Small tear. Dr. gave me one cortizone shot and I wasn't limping anymore within 24 hours.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You'd be surprised. I tore my meniscus earlier this year, and the knee brace i had literally had me going from limping that morning to running back and forth on a basketball court in the afternoon, and that's just from the one i got from Amazon. I'm sure Zekes will be much better

It's certainly true that braces aren't what they once were, but anything that adds stability is also going to hinder mobility to an extent. Thankfully, they are much better than they once were.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That didn't happen last game. He BLASTED the pile forward.

Not what I saw. Maybe on a few plays, but since he's been hurt he doesn't get that extra yard or two after contact very often. Hopefully, if he's getting healthier we'll see more of that, but it might take a while to get that back since he's not completely healthy. Leg drive is a difficult thing when one of your legs is hurt.

quickccc

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Just great...guy went from 4.7 40 back to 5.2...you could time him with a sun dial ....

i just don't wanna see your boy K-Moore continuing to send Zeke downfield deep middle or wheel routes .. knowing he is significantly slowed by a bum knee .

Geeeeez ..... :facepalm:

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Sit him for a week to give the injury more time. You can tell Zeke isn't himself. Now without Pollard..........

We don't know what exactly is wrong so its hard to say.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The staff missed the boat, they could have rested him for like 17 days. One week off isn't going make a difference.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I know they say it’s a knee bruise but to me this sounds like he injured His MCL.
I thought the same thing. A bruise is hindering, but wouldn't you wrap it and not wear a brace?