PFT: Florio thinks Braylon Edwards wants to play for the Cowboys

burmafrd

Reaction score
Cannot believe ANYONE downplays the number of drops edwards has. And that is BS blaming the QB for it. The ones he drops all too often HIT HIM RIGHT IN THE HANDS.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Two things pop to mind.

1) For all the talk about Roy only having one "Pro Bowl season," Edwards, so too, has only had one season of that level.

2) I'm not sure I like the idea of having two supreme wideouts who are so similar in terms of dropping the ball. Edwards and T.O. both tend to cradle the ball too much or let it hit their body.

Besides, this is a silly game to play. Edwards may or may not ever become available, and it's silly to sit around and play the what-if game of what receivers we could have potentially landed. We could also have easily landed on the other side of the fence, where none of them were available.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Nav22;2502932 said:
Don't they all?

Yup!! lol

Also... think about it.... Cowboys play EVERY Thanksgiving.... so EVERY kid saw them at some point and wants to be a Cowboy.

I would guess that 90% of NFL players would love be a player on the Dallas Cowboys... whether they admit it or not.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
dmq;2502946 said:
I watched some Cleveland games this year and he drops way too many passes.
\same was said about roy, but hes seemed to have pretty solid hands now that he has an accurate qb throwing him the ball...

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Before everyone goes way off the wall on this, and I fear that I may already be too late, I didn't really gather that Braylon specifically wants to play for the Cowboys. What I gathered is that he wants to play for a high profile team where he would be appreciated. That could include any number of teams such as the Colts, the Patriots, the Steelers, possibly the Giants, etc. Of course, the Cowboys would be included, but I don't see where he even hinted of becoming a Cowboy. Me thinks the author was reading to much into his comments trying to find something.

I would love to have Braylon on the Cowboys, as he is a great physical talent that has the potential to be the best WR in the league, but this talk is way premature.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
No thanks, Braylon. We've already got enough overpaid, overhyped WRs on the team that drop way too many passes.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Seven;2502938 said:
I'm gonna get hammered for this but..................I'd take him over the two we have. I love R11 but Braylon has "it" IMO.

The dude lead the NFL in dropped passes last year, then he past that dropped pass total this season around midseason.

I don't know what "It" is, but it sure as hell isn't "Hands".

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rack;2503300 said:
The dude lead the NFL in dropped passes last year, then he past that dropped pass total this season around midseason.

I don't know what "It" is, but it sure as hell isn't "Hands".

Yeah-I wonder why all the people on this thead that constantly complain about TO are also the same people who keep making excuses for Edwards' drops.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Angus;2502928 said:
APPARENTLY, BRAYLON WANTS OUT OF CLEVELAND
Posted by Mike Florio on December 17, 2008, 9:22 p.m. EST

In yet another sign of the disaster that is the 2008 edition of the Cleveland Browns, receiver Braylon Edwards sounds like a guy who’s trying to talk his way out of town.

If, you know, they don’t kill him before he leaves.

Actually, we love Cleveland fans. There’s no more loyal bunch, and no more deserving of something/anything to feel good about when it comes to their sports teams.

Edwards likely doesn’t agree with our assessment, based on his recent REMARKS.

After Monday night’s loss to the Eagles, Edwards suggested that his ties to Michigan football have kept him from being embraced by the folks in Ohio.

Seriously.

“I’ve learned being here that I’m very unappreciated,” Edwards said. “Not in the organization, just in the eyes of the fans, the city. Since Day One I’ve been a marked man coming from Michigan. It’s just gone that way. Even when things are good, there’s heckles.”

Braylon, please do a little research on Thom Darden before coming to any conclusions regarding whether Browns fans hold grudges about guys who played for Michigan.

On Tuesday, Edwards continued to chirp.

“I’m not Paul Warfield, Webster Slaughter or Jim Brown,” Edwards said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I’ve given my all to this city for four years, and I realize it will never be enough. I went to the Pro Bowl last year and resurrected this team from the darkness, and nobody cared.”

There’s more.

“People in this town believe they are entitled to too much. They have been disrespectful to me and my family. I’ve gone out in public with my family and have had to deal with being called foul names. My parents have been called vulgar things at restaurants.”

Hey, Bray, if you thought things were bad before, just wait until they see you and your folks out at the local eateries now. (P.S. Don’t order the bouillabaisse.)

“My biggest problem is that I actually give a damn,” Edwards said. “I’m always rushing back from surgeries and injuries, never missing games or practices. But through this, I’ve learned how to overcome adversity. I’m also proud of how my foundation has taken off. I’ve been doing all this community service in Cleveland . . . my charity efforts will only be in Detroit from now on.”

OK, Browns fans didn’t care about the Michigan thing before. But now they probably do.

We’ve seen this routine before, and we know what Edwards is up to. Given his jump earlier this year to CAA and his awkward presence on the set of the whole Bissinger-Leitch thing, chances are that Edwards fancies himself a potential crossover media star. You know, the kind of guy who’ll get a movie in which he plays a role other than that of a current or former football player.

But Edwards apparently thinks he’ll never be in position to become a national superstar/celebrity while toiling away for an underachieving team in a Rust Belt town.

Signed through 2009, it could be that Edwards is trying to lay the foundation for an offseason trade to a new team, and the $10 million per year deal that would go along with it.

But it would have to be a team with a profile that will allow Edwards to become the big deal he thinks he is.

In other words, he likely wants to play for the Cowboys.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/17/apparently-braylon-wants-out-of-cleveland/
No thanks...we can sign somebody to drop passes MUCH cheaper

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
The Panch;2503098 said:
2. You can coach players to catch the ball better.

No, you can't. You might be able to teach them a better technique, but catching the ball is mental. If they don't have it, technique won't help. BE drops way too many easy balls because his mind isn't in the game. It's why he's disliked by fans in Cleveland

burmafrd

Reaction score
Lack of concentration and lack of discipline. That defines edwards. And that is also why he drops so many.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Nav22;2502932 said:
Don't they all?

:lmao2: All except that idiot Brady Quinn that wanted to be drafted by the Browns instead of the Cowboys. He looked nervous during that trade. I don't get it...who wouldn't want to be a QB with a star on the helmet?

RoadRunner

Reaction score
I take issue with the Cleveland fans being the most loyal, and deserving. First off, all storied franchises have a base of loyal fans. There is no monopoly there. Second of all, these same Cleveland fans are the ones who threw bottles all over the field.

kmd24

Reaction score
If he's interested in an acting career, I think New York or California would be a better venue than Dallas. The Giants and Oakland would be contenders, the Giants because of Plax, and Oakland because, well, Al is nuts. I guess San Fran might be an option, but I don't really know what their receiver or cap situation is.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2503332 said:
:lmao2: All except that idiot Brady Quinn that wanted to be drafted by the Browns instead of the Cowboys. He looked nervous during that trade. I don't get it...who wouldn't want to be a QB with a star on the helmet?

Probably someone that grew up in Cleveland, I would imagine.

and lol @ Braylon. No thanks. Dude cries like a little girl. Little girls probably catch footballs better.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
It would be nice, but it won't happen. Even if TO was to be gone after this season, which I don't believe he will be. And even so, I think we like the players we're grooming enough just to stand pat for a season or two if TO were to leave after this next one. It would just be time to see what we really have in RW and maybe concentrate some of that money to the Oline for a while. Cause as we're seeing, without decent protection, we can't even consistently get the ball to the players we already have, let alone someone new that's high profile.

Personally I'd keep TO one more year and draft someone as high as we can between now and then. Preferably this next draft.