News: PFT: It could be open season on kickers during extra points

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said a while back that the NFL keeps arbitrarily changing long-standing rules in an effort to solve a problem-of-the-moment, but coaches and teams will quickly adapt and find answers to the rule changes.

Then that will create another problem-of-the-moment requiring a solution that will yield yet another rule change leading to the same cycle repeating over and over.

I am all for changing the rules to improve the game, but the haphazard way the NFL goes about changing the rules without any research or study on how coaches and teams will react and adapt to it is just asking for problems.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said a while back that the NFL keeps arbritrarily changing long-standing rules in an effort to solve a problem-of-the-moment, but coaches and teams will quickly adapt and find answers to the rule changes.

Then that will create another problem-of-the-moment requiring a solution that will yield yet another rule change leading to the same cycle repeating over and over.

I am all for changing the rules to improve the game, but the haphazard way the NFL goes about changing the rules without any research or study on how coaches and teams will react and adapt to it is just asking for problems.
My best friend was a kicker in the NFL for 9 years....talked to him last night, he was excited about the change. He basically said, we adjust as they adjust.