News: PFT: Jerry Jones confident in future including Dak Prescott: "We know what our future is there"

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry still running his mouth I see lol.
He doesnt know anything about the future.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
It's funny. Sometimes on a board you can see what "camp" you fall into...or really there are usually posters you agree and disagree with on issues. You know who they are and they usually fall in line with other opinions. But Dak Prescott seems to make everyone scatter in many different areas. Can't figure it out.

My opinion. I like Dak. I'm not sure what there is to dislike except paying him too much. The NFL is littered with crap QBs. Most are overpaid. We lucked into a guy we've had on the cheap for years. I see all these posts about finding a cheaper alternative but if your goal is to win a SB what happens after that QB leads you there? $$$$$. There is no easy answer for QBs in the NFL. Dak is a leader. Dak literally has saved us dozens of times when the line broke down and had to escape for a first or TD. He's in his 4th year and makes plays. He makes mistakes too..can make bad throws, not great against tougher Ds... but in my book is pretty he's consistent and was under Garrett. A few people asked what analysts like him. I've seen guys like Troy say "pay him" and others mention his record against good teams and horrible footwork. I just have a hard time believing people want a SB if they think a "cheap alternative" is the model. What great teams have gotten by with that? It's never going to be perfect, I'm just not sure that people really see a legit alternative that is on his level.

Last edited:

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Yet he lead the NFL in passing. LOL

Clearly your fears are either dead wrong or sorely exaggerated.

I like Dak, but....led the NFL in passing? Dak didn't lead the NFL in anything in 2019. He was leading the league in passing for a bit, but that didn't last.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's funny. Sometimes on a board you can see what "camp" you fall into...or really there are usually posters you agree and disagree with on issues. You know who they are and they usually fall in line with other opinions. But Dak Prescott seems to make everyone scatter in many different areas. Can't figure it out.

My opinion. I like Dak. I'm not sure what there is to dislike except paying him too much. The NFL is littered with crap QBs. Most are overpaid. We lucked into a guy we've had on the cheap for years. I see all these posts about finding a cheaper alternative but if your goal is to win a SB what happens after that QB leads you there? $$$$$. There is no easy answer for QBs in the NFL. Dak is a leader. Dak literally has saved us dozens of times when the line broke down and had to escape for a first or TD. He's in his 4th year and makes plays. He makes mistakes too..can make bad throws, not great against tougher Ds... but in my book is pretty he's consistent and was under Garrett. A few people asked what analysts like him. I've seen guys like Troy say "pay him" and others mention his record against good teams and horrible footwork. I just have a hard time believing people want a SB if they think a "cheap alternative" is the model. What great teams have gotten by with that? It's never going to be perfect, I'm just not sure that people really see a legit alternative that is on his level.
Dak is an enigma. I like him, but if he can't start beating the tougher teams consistently, he'll never take the team to the promised land, because the tougher teams are all going to bunch up in the playoff scenarios. I'm hoping the new regime can elevate his play to the next 2 or 3 levels, as well as support him with a good D and ST. I'm really surprised Big Mac let Kitna go, after the obvious improvement Dak showed at the beginning of the season, but maybe he has a QB whisperer of his own who can do even better.

Blackrain

Reaction score
exactly, but I think dak is having a couple of these guys babies.

you really can't blame dak at the end of the year because of his hemorrhoids. you know it's hard to set your feet when the rhoid is flaring up. new excuse you haven't heard yet, but he was getting shots for them.

Another Pulitzer Prize winning post from the forums 3rd world football annalist LOLOL

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jerry Jones confident in future including Dak Prescott: "We know what our future is there"

gettyimages-1160859693-e1579673893795.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys have done nothing but talk about a future that includes Dak Prescott as part of the picture despite a current lack of a long-term deal for their star quarterback. Cowboys executi...

Read Full Story

Ga'head ya livery pedestrian idler!
Blimey! Back the kid. That's all we got!
AND DRAFT QB IN THE FIRST ROUND!!l

Yaah, harbor blokes!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Only the ill informed have your opinion. Your known to be consistently extremely negative so no surprise.
I don't vouch for many, but @CATCH17 is not looking to spread the neg.
He sees things the way he sees them and espouses his views.

I've always found him to be fair and thought provoking while bringing citations into his mix.

Yeah, he's not a fan of Dak at a giant price.
I get it.

But he gives reason and perspective.

Not the mindless stuff a few throw at the wall here.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak is an enigma. I like him, but if he can't start beating the tougher teams consistently, he'll never take the team to the promised land, because the tougher teams are all going to bunch up in the playoff scenarios. I'm hoping the new regime can elevate his play to the next 2 or 3 levels, as well as support him with a good D and ST. I'm really surprised Big Mac let Kitna go, after the obvious improvement Dak showed at the beginning of the season, but maybe he has a QB whisperer of his own who can do even better.

Good post, forest artisan idler. ...

What if McCarthy goes all out in the QB market?
I feel good about paying Dak 40 mil. FOR NOW.
But I want to know what McCarthy will do at QB. In the draft.
That is tha key, chaps and street cleaners, a QB who will take us to the NFC championship.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I've always found him to be fair and thought provoking while bringing citations into his mix.

I get it.

@Rockport and @Corso have you no how you fear me apart!
One a rogue, one a scribe.
Oh, bye!!! "COPs" is on TV!!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I get it.

He’s not a fan of anything Cowboy related. Come on Corso get real.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Seriously? With a blitzer running straight up the middle at him, Murray just stands there waiting for the ball as the defender runs under it...and that's on Romo? If that was Dak I don't think you'd be blaming him.
Yes, that’s on the QB. It was 1st and 10. No way to explain it other than he just short circuited

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s funny in the past when people brought up Dak’s wins his naysayers said those were “team wins”....now it’s his fault they can’t beat good teams lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry had better start thinking about the defensive side of the ball, instead of constantly counting upon his offense to save the day. This team desperately needs to improve their defensive strength when the time comes for the draft to make them winners. That's where the emphasis really needs to be.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, that’s on the QB. It was 1st and 10. No way to explain it other than he just short circuited
It's partly on the QB, but certainly not one of those interceptions that leave you scratching your head. When there's an unblocked blitzer in the QB's face that quickly, all he can do is throw to the first guy who looks open, and I doubt he was able to see the defender that fast through all the big bodies. Plus, as I mentioned in my previous post, Murray should have been ready to make some sort of play on the ball, rather than watch it be intercepted.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It's partly on the QB, but certainly not one of those interceptions that leave you scratching your head. When there's an unblocked blitzer in the QB's face that quickly, all he can do is throw to the first guy who looks open, and I doubt he was able to see the defender that fast through all the big bodies. Plus, as I mentioned in my previous post, Murray should have been ready to make some sort of play on the ball, rather than watch it be intercepted.
Or, on first and ten, late in the game, you just heave it out of bounds. Hell, we burn first downs just to spike the ball.

not was just a boneheaded play. You want your QB to have better in the moment decision making in that case

I love, love, love Tony Romo but he made a ton of reckless and poor decisions with the ball