News: PFT: Jerry Jones on facing Saints: Treat every play like it's a "Super Bowl play"

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones on facing Saints: Treat every play like it's a "Super Bowl play"

gettyimages-10523259224-e1543336353462.jpg

The Saints will bring a 10-game winning streak into Dallas on Thursday night and one might think that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones would prefer a less imposing opponent as the race for the NFC East ti...

Read Full Story

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I hope they go into the game loose and relaxed. Play fast on Defense. Ur not going to sack Breezy and he doesn't throw many picks, so just pressure and attempt to confuse. Trust the keys. Stop the run. Believe it or not, the Saints are a running team. On Offense just do what you do, dink, dunk, dive, scramble, pound and hit the occasional big play. Control TOP and stick with what you do. Keep Breezy on the sideline and the scoring low and they have a chance.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
A greater sense of focus and urgency is needed to compete at the highest level in the NFL... who knew... maybe this is the best approach when putting together a staff and starting week one in the NFL. The things we endure for the right to be a Cowboys fan:(

Let's Go Big D :flagwave:

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
We can slow their O. We have the defense that is a good matchup with them if Jones follows Thomas all over the field. Brees is not going to have all day in the pocket and Kamara is going to get personal with JSmith and the rookie wonder LVE.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, actually . . . now, all they have to do is make it happen.

Even if they do, will it be enough? I suspect we're about to find out! ;)

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerrah is already acknowledging this game as the super-bowl, because thats the best Garrett can offer.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Everybody plays us like it’s a Super Bowl, now lets do it back...:D

catiii

Reaction score
Too bad this sense of urgency and prep wasn't there in pre-season or the first games. Lack of preparation then by not playing 1st teamers, vet days off, etc and losing to scrub teams is what put us in this position now. Look to your own HC lizard face.

JayFord

Reaction score
The day you treat regular season games like a superbowl is the day you admit your team sucks

Approach it for what it is and stop talking, everytime dallas hypes themselves up they get blown out

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerrah is already acknowledging this game as the super-bowl, because thats the best Garrett can offer.
Well that and it shows he really thinks they can win, and he really wants them to win.
Jerry and his boy are riding high ego wise, since the Amari trade looks good right now.
They think they are football guru's now lol.

If they beat the saints, JG gets a 50 year extension at 10 mil a year with 50 mil Guaranteed.
Dak gets big extension too.

So do we root for them to win or lose?? lol

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, actually . . . now, all they have to do is make it happen.

Even if they do, will it be enough? I suspect we're about to find out! ;)

Given that we're gonna play them in a few days, something tells me that we're almost certainly going to find out. :p:D

Cebrin

Reaction score
Wouldn’t one have to know what a ‘super bowl play’ is actually like to treat another one as such?

Seems like the best we could do is ‘treat it like a one and done playoff game’

Considering he's brought 3 rings to Dallas, I'd say Jerry knows what one is. I understand your frustration, though. I miss the days where teams were afraid to play us.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
The Cowboys (if following instructions from Jerry) will not be the only team treating every play like the Super Bowl. Believe me, Payton remembers what happened in 2009 and what happened last year against the Vikings. This Saints team will not take the foot off the gas, or the throat, on either side of the ball each and every play. I feel it will take the Cowboys' best across the board to beat the Saints Thursday and it still may not be enough.