News: PFT: Jerry Jones: Pie is getting smaller for future contracts

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Jerry needs to get M Collins, A Woods, Brown and Jones signed ASAP. They don't need to break the bank with them but compensate them before they can test free agency. Sorta of like they did Jeff Heath a few years ago. Then sign Dak.

Dallas needs to get everyone signed before Zeke. Zeke has one year, an option year and a couple of franchise tags left on his deal. The team should focus on the players that actually aren't an on-going distraction.

Funny how B Jones, Awuzie, Brown, and Rhodes all showed MARKED improvements last year. What do you think that's about?

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Funny how B Jones, Awuzie, Brown, and Rhodes all showed MARKED improvements last year. What do you think that's about?
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/
I think Jones and Browns contracts are up. They both look like valuable assets for at least 3 to 4 years. Chido is signed though 2020 so no worries there. I am not sure who Rhodes is. If you mean X Woods he is signed through 2020 as well. I love that Dallas has 4 good to great corners in Jones, Awuzi, Brown and Lewis. I agree that they showed Marked improvement last season.

I think that several factors attributed to there success and improvement. .
1) The players improved on technique and conditioning. I tip my hat to their accomplishments to improve.
2) D-line pressure. It is easier to cover when the front 4 are doing there job.
3) LB play, The fact that QBs have to account for Smith and LVE really helps the back-end in coverage
4) Kris Richard
5) playing with a lead helps make opposing teams more one dimensional. Dak, Gallup, Cooper, Zeke and the Online did a great job of holding a lead and not turning over the ball.

This is a team sport and I think it is important to sign a player that has out performed his contract. Jones and Brown need a piece of the pie as well.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/
I think Jones and Browns contracts are up. They both look like valuable assets for at least 3 to 4 years. Chido is signed though 2020 so no worries there. I am not sure who Rhodes is. If you mean X Woods he is signed through 2020 as well. I love that Dallas has 4 good to great corners in Jones, Awuzi, Brown and Lewis. I agree that they showed Marked improvement last season.

I think that several factors attributed to there success and improvement. .
1) The players improved on technique and conditioning. I tip my hat to their accomplishments to improve.
2) D-line pressure. It is easier to cover when the front 4 are doing there job.
3) LB play, The fact that QBs have to account for Smith and LVE really helps the back-end in coverage
4) Kris Richard
5) playing with a lead helps make opposing teams more one dimensional. Dak, Gallup, Cooper, Zeke and the Online did a great job of holding a lead and not turning over the ball.

This is a team sport and I think it is important to sign a player that has out performed his contract. Jones and Brown need a piece of the pie as well.

Ha somehow Xavier Rhodes got stuck in my brain when I was thinking of Woods.