News: PFT: Jerry Jones vents about coaching

Frozen700

Reaction score
Replace JG, and tell Dak take 25 million or walk *****.

#DontpayDak

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Add another opposing coach or player who calls out something predictable that this coaching staff has this team do and Jerry still refuses to get it.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Nothing will be done until after the season. I truly believe he's pissed and changes will finally be made at the head coach position. Plus as he pointed out, he has invested a lot of money into building this roster. The Cowboys have the highest paid OL in the NFL. Zeke's the highest paid RB. Demarcus Lawrence's contract is up there as well. Right now Jerry's investment is being wasted.

This roster is easily one of the NFL's top 5 rosters in terms of talent.

There are no more excuses for Jason Garrett.
There will be more losses too, maybe even to the Bills.

Then Garrett will get the axe at the end of the season.

I doubt Jerry does it before the end which is coming soon!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Now, if we could just get him to look inward and see the real problem. What he really needs to invest in is a topnotch GM.

Our GM is too worried about what events he can get hosted year around at his stadium to worry about this roster year after year.

MS17

Reaction score
If we win that game, we probably win the division unless we really chit the bed the next couple of weeks. In that scenario, Garrett probably has to win at least one playoff game to get extended.
That makes sense...he's the master at doing just barely enough to keep his job, short term success, etc.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That makes sense...he's the master at doing just barely enough to keep his job, short term success, etc.

Yep, Garrett always does just enough to keep from getting fired.

I think the bar is probably set at 1 playoff win for Jerry...………..lose the division or get bounced in the first round and he is gone.

khiladi

Reaction score
Man I wonder what type of feelings I’m going to have if Jerry gives Garrett the axe this year... I’m giddy just typing this..

irving

Reaction score
Jerry can vent all he wants, no one told him to keep a incompetent head coach for 10 plus years. As many on this forum have said, Jerry is part of the problem, but he would never admit that and he definitely isn't going anywhere.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't follow other teams like I do Dallas. Is it common for other owners to give interviews like Jerry does? It seems Jerry's interviews are more important than the actual coaches. Seems odd to me.
I think he is the only owner who does that aside from those who win the SB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones vents about coaching

gettyimages-1186814431-1-e1574646237662.jpg

If Jason Garrett and the Giants want to do business after the season, Jerry Jones may encourage it. Jones vented to reporters after Sunday's loss to the Patriots about deficiencies in coachin...

Read Full Story

I just worry that we'll get a completely different story today. One about public perception rather than about truth.

But I will remain encouraged that maybe, finally, Jerry Jones has realized the clear shortcomings of his head coach and that no amount of talent will ever be enough to overcome those coaching shortcomings. And that Garrett's tenure as head coach will be over in five more games.

cern

Reaction score
Nothing will happen until the end of the season (and nothing should happen either until the end of the season). Personally, I think Jerry firing Wade mid-season was very unprofessional and I think he realizes that too.. If he was going to fire Garrett during the season, he would have already done it (as he has had several opportunities to do it)…

Yes we're in first place but it's not because of Garrett...
firing wade mid stream jumped started the cowboys. why wouldn't firing garrett now accomplish the same?