PFT: Jets reportedly interested in trading up with the Saints for the No. 2 pick

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The Jets are reportedly interested in trading up with the Saints for the No. 2 pick.

And the smokescreens begin! In this scenario, the Jets would trade up to draft Jay Cutler, thwarting any hope the Titans have to take him. If the Saints were set on Matt Leinart, it wouldn't make sense for them to move.

Feb. 23 - 10:02 am et
Source: Profootballtalk.com

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Jay Cutler's already a #2 pick, even before the combine? Amazing.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Sorry, but the #2 pick is Matt Leinert who is far and away a better prospect by any reckoning than Jay Cutler. Trading up to the 2nd slot only to pick Cutler is mind-boggling. The Titans would cry with happiness if the Jets did that because that would mean the best college QB prospect in years just fell in their lap.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
Sorry, but the #2 pick is Matt Leinert who is far and away a better prospect by any reckoning than Jay Cutler. Trading up to the 2nd slot only to pick Cutler is mind-boggling. The Titans would cry with happiness if the Jets did that because that would mean the best college QB prospect in years just fell in their lap.

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao:

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Rack...you have some unique avatar/sig. The avatar has beautiful eyes and then your sig is...well...disturbing. :eek:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
So tell us what you really think of Leinert? Who has been a better prospect in recent years?

I'm not saying Leinart isn't a good prospect. But "best in years" is ludicrous.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
any team that would move up to draft Cutler #2 deserves to suck.

lkelly

Reaction score
I would think the Jets might want to trade DOWN to draft Cutler.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
So tell us what you really think of Leinert? Who has been a better prospect in recent years?

Leinert will not make it in this league. Not only is he an arrogant ****head, but he has a history of injuries and...well...I just don't like him.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
The Jets are reportedly interested in trading up with the Saints for the No. 2 pick.

And the smokescreens begin! In this scenario, the Jets would trade up to draft Jay Cutler, thwarting any hope the Titans have to take him. If the Saints were set on Matt Leinart, it wouldn't make sense for them to move.

Feb. 23 - 10:02 am et
Source: Profootballtalk.com
That would be stupid.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ravidubey said:
WOW hitting the hard stuff a little early tonight?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
If the Jets trade up to #2 to draft Cutler they deserve to be the biggest laughing stock in the whole NFL. If anything they could probably trade down to get him as the Titans will almost surely take Vince Young

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Cutler will go before Lienart AND be a better QB in the NFL. I've watched him play and seen every highlight and lowlight being here in Nashville. Trust me, Cutler is all that and a bag of chips.

Hiero

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Cutler will go before Lienart AND be a better QB in the NFL. I've watched him play and seen every highlight and lowlight being here in Nashville. Trust me, Cutler is all that and a bag of chips.
If I were the Jet's id steer clear of Leinart, he could have the same exact problem Chad did. A noodlearm made even worse by a shoulder injury. Leinart is good, but could be a bust if he has arm injuries later on. I think the Jets should stay put and take a QB, but then again they may really want Cutler, I don't think they would trade upfor Leinart, because of the similarities to Chad, and VY neither.

kartr

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
any team that would move up to draft Cutler #2 deserves to suck.

Any team that takes Cutler in the first deserves to suck, he's the next Kyle Boller.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Any team that takes Cutler in the first deserves to suck, he's the next Kyle Boller.
I bet he is going to be the best of the top 3 QBs within 3 years.

kartr

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

So why all the ints, and why did he get outplayed at the Senior Bowl by the South Carolina qb who's a day 2 pick at best.