News: PFT: Julio Jones lands on Tampa Bay second string

Carson

Reaction score
Just means we get Godwin and Evans Sunday night

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just read another article. Godwin said he is not sure he will play Sunday night.
I think he is just playing games. As he also said it would be up to him as to how he feels.
And that the 2nd half of the season is more important than the first few games.

Now I need to see if I can find the link to it.
It may have been in another thread.

DanA

Reaction score
I see Godwin is listed as a starter.
His injury was a few weeks or so before Gallups.
I know it does not mean anything, but if you go by that. Gallup would be back game 3, or 4 at the latest. A pleasant surprise would be game 2.

We've listed Gallup as a starter but he's not gonna be starting week 1

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I see Godwin is listed as a starter.
His injury was a few weeks or so before Gallups.
I know it does not mean anything, but if you go by that. Gallup would be back game 3, or 4 at the latest. A pleasant surprise would be game 2.

This is something that I would like to be interested in.

quickccc

Reaction score
Julio is older and he's more brittle than ever,..
At this point of his career, he's probably far more useful, effective and " available" if he is used more as a spot/sub package player, rather than be forced to start.
he probably can hand Brady a handful of plays per game,.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes Julio Jones is a fragment of what he used to be but being around the third option at WR last season with the Titans (not exactly a passing dynamo) he amassed nearly as much as Dallas' #2 WR Gallup amassed. Furthermore, he currently stands to be WR #4 for TB whereas Dallas' current #2 WR is Noah Brown.

exciter

Reaction score
Th
This was to be expected. He hasn’t been very good for 2 seasons now. If you watched him last year it looked like he was running with cinder block shoes. Converting him to the TE role on 3rd downs may work with Brady but his days as an effective outside receiver look to be over!

kskboys

Reaction score
I wonder where Noah Brown would slot on their depth chart.
5th WR, and a first rate STer, just as on ours.

Honestly, why are you guys so obsessed w/ Noah Brown? There are Noah Brown's all over the NFL, guys who are nominally talented at their position, but play great ST's and have some other facet that makes them useful. In Noah's case, he's also a first rate blocker.

The extreme fascination w/ bashing him is just weird. You guys must really hate Bill Bates.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes Julio Jones is a fragment of what he used to be but being around the third option at WR last season with the Titans (not exactly a passing dynamo) he amassed nearly as much as Dallas' #2 WR Gallup amassed. Furthermore, he currently stands to be WR #4 for TB whereas Dallas' current #2 WR is Noah Brown.
Dude. He had 31 receptions. 434 yds and 1 TD. He's done.

lkelly

Reaction score
5th WR, and a first rate STer, just as on ours.

Honestly, why are you guys so obsessed w/ Noah Brown? There are Noah Brown's all over the NFL, guys who are nominally talented at their position, but play great ST's and have some other facet that makes them useful. In Noah's case, he's also a first rate blocker.

The extreme fascination w/ bashing him is just weird. You guys must really hate Bill Bates.
Taken a gander at the Dallas depth chart lately? He's a starter here. You are right, though. He should be 5th at best on a normal NFL roster.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dude. He had 31 receptions. 434 yds and 1 TD. He's done.

He amassed that in 10 games for a run heavy team. Gallup amassed the following in 9 games last year: 35 catches 445 yards 2 td's

I guess Gallup must be done too....good thing Jerry didn't give him a new 5-year/$62.5M contract.